2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List Item Attachment for Task Forms

I like the idea of having Task Form per task ( Request Data , Request REview ..etc) and the assigned user can update the parent list as list columns are available in the task form except for Attachments.

Please add the ability to add/update attachments of the list item from tasks form.

375 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently building the functionality to see List Item attachments in Task Forms for New Responsive Forms for Office365.

This functionality will also be included in the New Responsive Forms for SharePoint when it is released.

Cheers,
    Euan

2. Drag and drop support for adding attachments

Add the ability for a Nintex file attachment control to support files to be added via dragging and dropping them onto the form instead of using Browse and adding them via the File Explorer.

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Drag and drop has been included into Universal Forms in our current build. We have no plans to bring this current functionality to Classic Forms.

Once we have shipped Universal Forms for SharePoint, we will close this feature request.

Cheers,
    Euan

3. Wizard style forms (Multi-page forms)

For large forms we need an easy way to fill in sections of a form before proceeding to the next section. This should allow some form of validation before proceeding to the next step. Almost similar to how this can be achieved in infopath with different views. I know this is achievable with tons of javascript, but customers do not want to maintain such a javascript heavy form. Asking for a simpler way of doing this.

306 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Different layouts for New / Edit / Display mode (and print)

For larger forms it can be quite complicated to manage different designs for New / Edit / Display mode all in one single form.

In addition to having the ability to use rules, coniditional field properties, panels and custom JavaScript, it would be nice to have additional layouts for this modes like in InfoPath.

Forms would then be more easy to read and understand for form designers.

302 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

With the development of Universal Forms, we are looking at how the current form modes are supported in the existing product.

At this time we are still planning to continue using functions to detect form modes. This is so we are able to support migrations but also give a lot of flexibility in the rules engine.

We do not plan to bring different layouts to Universal Forms at this time. As we are introducing multipage to Universal Forms, we do need to figure out how a multipage form will be printed and is under consideration.

I will update this feature when we release an Advance Preview of Universal Forms if our position changes based on feedback.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Ability to validate attachment controls

In Nintex Forms 2013 when creating validation rules, it would be useful to be able to validate the attachment control. The attachment control, when named, does not appear in the list of named controls. It only appears in Item Properties. I have tried various ways and could not get the validation to work (isNullOrEmpty using self on the attachment control, using the attachment item, property, etc)

291 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

With the development of Universal Forms, we are including accepted file types, rule-based logic for required/not-required, maximum number of files, minimum number of files, and maximum file size. This should also include invalida characters.

If you have any other requirements, please let us know in the comments section below.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. More advanced filtering for connected lookup controls

Lookup controls allow filtering as shown in the attached screenshot. Filtering however is limited to one field.
    I would love to be able te filter on multiple fields with (multiple) AND/OR operators.

272 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please provide the Tab order functionality. Its highly desireable in bigger forms.

Is there a way I can set the tab order in the Nintex form.

I’ve a form with multiple panels, and in each panel if I want to set the tab order, then how do I do that?

For example, in this form if I want that the tab index focus should be on salutation on the form load and then when the user press “tab” key it should be on First name, then Family name then primary phone and then should go to email and so on.

Please suggest some way to do that.

NO.. because there is no…

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Saurabh. We hear the request for tab ordering from time to time and will put this request in the backlog.

As we are focused on Universal Forms, I dont expect this to be delivered in the medium term but will consider this for Universal Forms.

8. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to create a nintex form when using the event content type

We would like to create a nintex form to create calendar entries. The reason for this is that we have added extra fields to the list that we wish to hide and show using rules based on selections made in the form. Currently we can't do this as the event content type is not compatible with nintex forms.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. The Event content type is a bit more complex than a standard List content type due to the ‘All day event’, and the ‘Recurrence’ options.

Both of these features include specific logic to show more options within the control itself and would only be used within this content type. Therefore, is a reasonable amount of effort for this content type.

We may be able to include this feature into the product without ‘All day event’ and the ‘Recurrence’ options, but feel this would be an incomplete offering.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Allow Copy and Paste across different Nintex Forms

It's great that Nintex Forms allows you to copy and paste controls within a form but sometimes I need to copy one or more controls from one form to another. I don't want to export and then import the whole form, that's too much work. I just need to copy a few controls between forms. I guess I'm asking for something like Workflow snippets to be enabled for Forms.

Thanks,
    Bruce

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to Export/Import Form Snippets

I'd like the ability to save a panel as a snippet, similar to how you can export/import snippets in Nintex Workflow, this would be powerful to easily incorporate new functionality between similar forms, or promote between environments. Instead of building it from scratch every time, you can just import a snippet and save some time. I'm not sure if you'd be able to package up any rules/associated to columns from a technical perspective, but just importing a panel would be a huge time saver.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Captcha for Forms

A Captcha control is needed, especially for those forms that are published to Nintex Live that allow anonymous access.

This will prevent spam form instances.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Vadim. As we are currently building Universal Forms for Office 365, SharePoint and Nintex Workflow Cloud, we are considering how we move forward with Live Forms with all the Nintex Infrastructure.

We currently support Google reCaptcha in Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud which may suit your needs as the platform supports anonymous forms and pushing data to different systems.

Cheers,
    Euan

13. Create forms functionality for Surveys

Allow for the creation of forms / layout for surveys. At best the Sharepoint survey functionality is a bit lacking and there will be the benefit of being able to publish this survey form as a mobile version.

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Francois.

Nintex Forms is mainly focused on the List content type and all derivatives. The Survey content type is a little bit different due to the Rating Scale which we currently do not have.

We may consider it in the future, but at the moment we are focused on Universal Forms release.

I will update this idea if we change our position on this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Nintex Form List Form Webpart allow Webpart Connections

Allows the Nintex Form List Form Webpart to allow Webpart connections. The primary need is to allow a querystring filter webpart to provide the parameter value for the ID of the item to display in the Form webpart when in edit mode. Other possible parameters could be list name and site name.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. print

The Printing Functionality request which had 490 votes was closed by Nintex after the ability to Print was granted to the Enterprise version of Nintex Forms. Since many of those votes were from Nintex Standard users, I am creating a new item to request for the ability to print forms from Nintex Forms Standard. Please vote here to get your request back on the board.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Victor.

As we are currently working on Universal Forms, we are revisiting our Print functionality and looking for user feedback to understanding your requirements.

If anyone would like to participate in a feedback session around printing Nintex Forms, please let me know in the comments below.

Cheers,
    Euan

16. IsMemberOfGroup Inline Function Enhancement

It would be awesome of IsMemberOfGroup supported AD Groups as well as SharePoint groups. Many business requirements want to leverage the existing groups in the AD, so creating another group in SharePoint simply to replicate an existing group to get this working adds administrative overhead. This could be a big win when permissioning forms panels and showing/hiding controls based on memberships to AD Groups.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SQL Request Control - Multiple Fields in Query Results

In its "Run Now" option, the SQL Request control can use SQL queries returning multiple results. Even a query such as
    SELECT * FROM tableName is valid.

However, same SQL Request control fails to parse data when having multiple fields.

In Nintex Forms 2013 Help document, last updated on Friday January 2016, Nintex gives an example of:

select FirstName, EmployeeID from Employees where Title like 'Title'

This query fails since we're asking for 2 fields, FirstName and EmployeeID.

In its current version, returning single result, we have to send a query for each field we need.
    This makes a lot…

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Returning a data set rather than a single value is something we have discussed internally and are interested to explore. We will be revisiting how we query for data as we are building Universal Forms.

18. 120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Autocomplete Feature

It would be great to be able to have an Autocomplete feature (similar to google search) built into the forms.We would like for our users to beable to type in the first couple characters and display results based on what they entered above/below. Another key feature would be the ability to click/select on the autocomplete function to fill it in.Lastly, to be able to reference a list and filter that specific feature based on another list within sharepoint would be optimal.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now in the backlog and something we would like to implement with Universal Forms for the List Lookup control.

I will update this feature when we begin development on the List Lookup control for Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

20. String Format

Please allow "masks" to be applied to textboxes and other controls, so when a user is entering a value it can be displayed in formats such as currency, or comma separated values. Be sure to implement this as a mask so that what is displayed is different than the actual stored value. This will make it much easier for users entering large numbers. I've had this requested by some customers already.

PS: Calculated fields are nice for display, but not when entering text.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

String format and masks have been included into Universal Forms. You can define your own custom mask into the text box and will be including currency control into Universal Forms in the future.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature.

Cheers,
    Euan

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base