2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multilingual Mobile Form - requires duplicate fields

We are creating mobile multilingual forms. From what I can see, I have to create duplicate fields for each language. This doubles ... the amount of columns required in the sharepoint list. And will be compounded when I have to create a form with three or four languages.

I don't have the same problem with the purely desktop forms. So I'm not sure what's going on here.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WEB REQUEST CONTROL VALIDATION

Helo Everyone,

I'm new to nintex forms. I'm creating nintex form for my HR department.

In my form i have one STATE dropdown created using sharepoint choice and it is a mandatory field.

I have one multi list select web request control that gets data from the REST services its an optional field.

In STATE dropdown i have 4 values "TX,NY,CA,MI"
    if a user seleccts "MI" i want to make web request control mandatory.
    How can i do that ?

Please help me on this request.

Thanks,
    UDAY

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More shown items in (multi-select) list Form control

Currently the (multi-select) list control (Nintex Forms 2013) shows only 4 items and a vertical scrollbar for 4+ items, despite the height of the control itself on the form. It would be nice if the height of window showing the available items would grow with the control with a minimum of 4 items and a maximum of e.g. 10 items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for Publishing Hyperlink Column

Would like the ability to make use of SharePoint On premise Publishing Hyperlink Column with Nintex Forms.

This column is only available after enabling the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature on a site collection.

In short:

The column is available for use in workflow but at the moment one is unable to customize a list making use of this column using an associated control.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a Grid Control to display data

Would love an "out-of the box" grid control to display/edit data. Also would be nice to have the ability to sort the columns, filter the columns, and rearange the columns.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Node names in Forms XML data structure

When building a form with a lot of fields not tied to SharePoint columns, even if they are named, a lot of them are referenced in the xml data structure with a guid and not with the name of the control.
    This makes the capability to query the form much harder because you have to analyze the form in order to retrieve the corresponding guid and then you can use it instead of the name of the control.

Each field not connected with a column should use the Name of the control (if it has one) or the guid (if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filter By Value allowing formulae

Currently I don't believe that, when using a Lookup control in a form, you have the option to use formulae in the 'filter by value' field.

So for example I can't say 'return all items from the query with a value of [attending] is more than 0'.

This'd be damn handy to be able to do. I know there are workarounds, but you really shouldn't have to faff around with things for a modern platform like this.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rules. Orphaned or restrict delete

It would be great to be able to either identify orphaned rules or to have a restricted delete (like variables in workflows) that stop you deleting a linked rule. It is very easy to become tangled in rules. Being able to check the form for unused/unrequired rules would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Configure Flexitask Form outcomes

When you configure multiple outcomes in a flexitask.
    e,g 1,3,2
    It is not possible to change the order in which they are displayed in the flexitask form, e.g 1,2,3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ismemberofgroup limited to a single group

Instead of only being able to pass a single group to isMemberOfGroup, maybe allow passing multiple groups. It would be useful to hide controls/panels from more then two groups. Currently it doesn't seem possible to do this.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tree structure for cascading lookups

Will it be possible to look at create a tree structure with plus and minus to open up and close lower levels? The data structure needs to be right for something like this but it will make life so much easier.

We have to create an auditing app now where people can walk around and audit an environment and the auditing clauses linked to each deviation is almost impossible to build into the current capability.

Also in the mining environment when it comes to pin point a person's location it gets a bit difficult as a mine location structure can…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support the "Related Items" field

The built in SharePoint field "Related Items" of type "Related Items" is not supported in Nintex Forms. As a result you can't use Nintex Forms on lists with that field if you want to use the field.

See http://www.learningsharepoint.com/2012/09/14/sharepoint-2013-related-items-site-column/ for more information on this field

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give Insert Reference Dialog access to Named Controls

The Insert Reference dialog, used for many control attributes, does not include Named Controls. There are many cases where we want to access user input values in Named Controls to alter the behaviour of other controls. The lack of Named Controls in the Insert Reference often forces us to use JavaScript instead. I think Nintex should help us avoid JavaScript except where really needed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Free Draw Control with/without image background - handwriting signature

I hope a "Free Draw" control will be joining the party soon. It can be used for handwriting signature on mobile devices. Another usage of the control would be to take notes on predefined images - already in the form. The scenario is that our field engineer goes to a customer and the Nintex Mobile Form contains engineering drawings of a engine. The field enginner will use the Free Draw control (where the drawing is set as background) to highlight parts and add comments. This feature is available in Hybrid.Forms - which we will eventually buy just because of that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support for fields marked as ReadOnly and ReadOnlyEnforced

SharePoint permits fields to be defined as ReadOnly and ReadOnlyEnforced (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa979575.aspx).

This is extremely useful for creating columns that can only be updated by the system, e.g. status values.

This type of field doesn't appear to be supported by Nintex Forms, which means that the form designer is forced to configure the form to disable the control associated with the field. However this doesn't stop editing via the Edit List/Datasheet View.

ReadOnly fields provide the correct means of information hiding/control. Can they please be supported in Nintex Forms?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to bind to events for Managed Metadata control

You can bind custom events to various form controls, but not to managed metadata.
    This code will work for a text box, but not for the managed metadata control:
    NWF$('#' + varClientControl).on('change',getClientName);

I found a workaround to use:
    NWF$('#' + varClientControl).on('beforedeactivate',getClientName);

It would make sense to keep the events consistent across controls.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple Validation Rules

Currently when using the validation rules within the Nintex forms, you are limited to one condition per validation rule. I had a rule the checked the values of 2 fields in a single condition but the validation rule didn't work. When I changed the rule type to "Formatting" it worked properly, so it is not a syntax error. Upon posting in the dev talk forum, I found other users having the same issue. There needs to be a more intuitive means of applying rules to controls that isn't so code based and can help with common issues like this one.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow me to pass a user into IsMemberOfGroup instead of it always pulling the current user

Unfortunately IsMemberOfGroup only applies to the current user. It would be great if we could pass a username into this and check if that user is in the named group or not.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. List Item Control Show Item from Different Site Collection

We would like the ability to display a related item from a different site collection. Currently the control only supports displaying data from the same site collection which requires us to use javascript to achieve the same.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Possibility to insert a Digital Signature in a Nintex Form

In Word you have a nice option to insert a Digital Signature. Right now you are losing that option when you migrate your Word forms to Nintex Forms. There was a great add-on for this ;)

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Auke,

Within Universal Forms, we now have a digital signature for web and mobile.

Would a signautre control fulfill this requirement, or do you require a digital signature file upload?

Please provide more feedback in the comments section below.

Thanks,
    Euan

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base