2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of lines on controls by default

Remove the lines on all controls and labels by default or make a setting, they just clutter things up and look terrible. Having to go in and adjust the CSS on every form every time is a pain. That pesky top line is a weird choice. Usability is inclusive of appearance and clutter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Input controls the same height: Classic forms.

Make ALL form controls the same height by default, Date inputs are shorter than dropdowns which are shorter than text inputs. Currently All (the same font) yet all different heights which looks terrible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Button "Save and Continue" - Possibility to switch to View Mode

Button "Save and Continue" - Please introduce an option to switch to view mode instead of edit mode. This would be great for all forms that need to be printed right away.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms.

Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms. Currently the Forms version of the Web Request action only allows Get or POST, it would be very useful if this also allowed SOAP requests like the Workflow Web Request Action does.

I recently implemented a Solution which interacts with SAP via Web Requests and unfortunately SAP is not able to process GET or POST, which means instead of being able to load the data on the form as the user goes we have had to do this in the workflow and create an additional task for the user to review…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Get Attachment Count

SP2013 & 2016.

We are very happy to have received Attachments in Repeating Sections - this is a great advancement - however, the JavaScript we were using previously is not functional in these scenarios.

We require a way - in all cases - to count the number of attachments. We may have multiple attachment controls on a form, and they may or may not be in repeating sections.

Please add this functionality as soon as possible so we can stop using JavaScript for the old forms, and so we have a way to handle Repeating Section attachments!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ablity to add a unique ID in a calculate value on a form "not workflow"

Need a Unique ID on the face of the form before submitting the form.
    Can not find a work around.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SQL Request Control in task form does not populate the existing list column values

Currently the SQL Request Control is able to capture existing list column value when open in edit mode in List Item form, but in Task form it is not pre-populating the original values from the list column. This is the major drawback when we use multi-level approvals with SQL Request control.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We need sub forms for content types

Lotus Notes Xpages and Lotus Notes forms allow you to design a "subform". This is for when you have common sections across a number of forms. Design it once then just place it on the form where needed.

Can we get such a feature in Nintex forms? I would imagine it would be used where you have content types inheriting from other content types. The parent content types should have the ability to create one or more "sub forms" that can be placed on child content types where needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Custom controls using SharePoint Framework

At the moment we can develop custom controls using SharePoint Farm Solutions.

It would be amazing if we could develop custom controls using SharePoint Framework for that, so we can use only client-side code and be aligned with SharePoint best practices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Validate the max size of attachment control

I suggest to have the ability to validate the max size of each attachment control.
    As many emails servers have limit of max attached size. now we go through using JavaScript and its not 100% supported in the repeating section. and not yet validating the total size

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Single Line of Text to List Lookup Functionality

Here's the scenario:

List Lookup: Project.

Now, based on that project, I want to set fields to display: Project Manager; Location; Budget.

And, more importantly, I need this to work on Nintex Mobile, and offline.

Right now, I address this by using a concatenated string of all data that my List Lookup connects to, and then I RegEx out each piece.

It works, but, it's stupid, and also it looks gross. In my list dropdown I see things like "Project: 123456; Manager: Rhia; Budget: $5,000; Location: Vancouver;" -- not a good UX.

I know I can populate a dropdown with…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Rhia.

With the new rules engine in Universal Forms, we are certainly thinking about how we could achieve this functionality.

I will update this idea when we have begun development on the List Lookup control and is integrated with the rules engine in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Sql Request cannot be connected to a multi-line text field limiting it to only 255 characters.

I have a visitor request form and use a SQL Request Control to pull in a list of visitors. The SQL Request control is configured as a multi-select where they can pick multiple visitors for a given event. The SQL Request control will only allow me to connect to a single-line text column in the SharePoint list. Therefore the users are only able to select about 17 visitors until the form will not submit because the length of the single-line text column/field is greater than 255 characters. Please allow the SQL Request control to be able to connect to a…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Validation for attachment within repeating section

It is great that we have the attachment control within repeating section, however the validation like minimum attachments does not seem to work

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Nintex Responsive Forms: Panels side by side

It would be great to support the ability to have Panels side by side using Responsive Forms. At the momement you can only have panels within eachother, below or above but not side by side.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to make an sql request control read only

Currently there is no way to make an sql request control read only. We need to do this often. We pull data from our database and we don't want the person submitting the form to be able to change the data. The only way I found around this currently is to set the data type to label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Signature controls to render to an image

Currently to add a signature in the desktop version of Nintex Forms and to display the signature in a desktop form that was created from Nintex Mobile it is necessary to use javascript. It would be of great assistance to have a control (for both classic and responsive forms) where the signature can be drawn and it will get saved as an image - thus alleviating the need for js.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "in-the-box" solution for signatures on responsive forms?

Any way of implementing this in the responsive form (the code by Wisam Fawzi or equivalent) as a "in-the-box" solution for signatures on responsive forms?

ie.https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2016/02/26/extending-nintex-mobile-signature-control-to-desktopbrowser

We need an in-house solution for putting signatures on forms without resorting to Adobe Sign. We also wish to put Javascript in responsive forms (for things like signatures and embedding pictures in mobile forms). Have looked through forums and found various posts regarding the issue and do not wish to go back to back to the classic design.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steven, we have developed a web based signature control that will be included in Universal Forms. This will allow you to sign on either web or mobile and use the file object (not base64 string) as an image into docgen.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

20. Add Attachments in repeating sections on LIVE forms

A new release was just published that now allows attachments to be added into repeating section which is great. BUT once the form is published externally (on NINTEx Live) , the control doesn't work. It works perfectly when submitted from SharePoint but not on Live form.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base