2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

How can we improve Nintex Forms?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ability to bound a value that edited via Quick edit to web request control

If the web request control is not connected to ID, when the user change the list column value via Quick Edit, the new value will not able to bound into the Nintex Form due to missing ID.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • List Lookup control should support the Multiple lines of text sharepoint column type

Because of how I designed 2 forms over 2/3 of a year ago, I need to spend extra time to perform a certain request for a client. I currently need to update 5 different choice controls with information that already exists in another list.

What leads to the issue described in the topic is that in my research to move this information out of choice controls and into a list lookup required me to set the column types to single line of text. Now, the list lookup control does support this, however one of the columns allows multiple selections, and…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms.

Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms. Currently the Forms version of the Web Request action only allows Get or POST, it would be very useful if this also allowed SOAP requests like the Workflow Web Request Action does.

I recently implemented a Solution which interacts with SAP via Web Requests and unfortunately SAP is not able to process GET or POST, which means instead of being able to load the data on the form as the user goes we have had to do this in the workflow and create an additional task for the user to review…

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • We need sub forms for content types

Lotus Notes Xpages and Lotus Notes forms allow you to design a "subform". This is for when you have common sections across a number of forms. Design it once then just place it on the form where needed.

Can we get such a feature in Nintex forms? I would imagine it would be used where you have content types inheriting from other content types. The parent content types should have the ability to create one or more "sub forms" that can be placed on child content types where needed.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Custom controls using SharePoint Framework

At the moment we can develop custom controls using SharePoint Farm Solutions.

It would be amazing if we could develop custom controls using SharePoint Framework for that, so we can use only client-side code and be aligned with SharePoint best practices.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Get Attachment Count

SP2013 & 2016.

We are very happy to have received Attachments in Repeating Sections - this is a great advancement - however, the JavaScript we were using previously is not functional in these scenarios.

We require a way - in all cases - to count the number of attachments. We may have multiple attachment controls on a form, and they may or may not be in repeating sections.

Please add this functionality as soon as possible so we can stop using JavaScript for the old forms, and so we have a way to handle Repeating Section attachments!

23 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • SQL Request Control in task form does not populate the existing list column values

Currently the SQL Request Control is able to capture existing list column value when open in edit mode in List Item form, but in Task form it is not pre-populating the original values from the list column. This is the major drawback when we use multi-level approvals with SQL Request control.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • auto expanding multi line textbox

When filling out a multi line text box, have it auto expand rather than showing scroll bars

48 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Restore or recover deleted Form templates from recycle bin

The ability to Restore a deleted Form from the recycle-bin.
                      Forms deleted from the Nintex UI are removed completely from the system with no way to recover, except from a back-up.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Convert Responsive Form to Classic Form

I understand why converting classic into responsive is not at all feasible, however, I'd think that the opposite would be possible!

When working for clients, we will often try - whenever possible - to use Responsive. Usually with the beginnings of requirements, Responsive is feasible.

And then it hits ... "Can we ((do this thing that needs javascript))"? Can we ((do this thing that needs css))?" and we have to go and delete the entire form and recreate it in Classic.

Until responsive can do all the same things classic can, we definitely need a convert tool for it.

Thanks!

27 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Add Single Line of Text to List Lookup Functionality

Here's the scenario:

List Lookup: Project.

Now, based on that project, I want to set fields to display: Project Manager; Location; Budget.

And, more importantly, I need this to work on Nintex Mobile, and offline.

Right now, I address this by using a concatenated string of all data that my List Lookup connects to, and then I RegEx out each piece.

It works, but, it's stupid, and also it looks gross. In my list dropdown I see things like "Project: 123456; Manager: Rhia; Budget: $5,000; Location: Vancouver;" -- not a good UX.

I know I can populate a dropdown with…

53 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Rhia.

With the new rules engine in Universal Forms, we are certainly thinking about how we could achieve this functionality.

I will update this idea when we have begun development on the List Lookup control and is integrated with the rules engine in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
                            Euan

• Ability to create Form Templates with default controls and properties that cannot be modified (e.g Footer section or company branding)

When creating new Forms, it would be nice to start with pre-baked form templates that include components we may require by governance.

Additionally, it would be nice if the canvas contained controls or branding that cannot be modified without the correct permissions. This would allow large organizations greater control over governance implementation and help the developers stay in consistent compliance.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Button "Save and Continue" - Possibility to switch to View Mode

Button "Save and Continue" - Please introduce an option to switch to view mode instead of edit mode. This would be great for all forms that need to be printed right away.

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • ablity to add a unique ID in a calculate value on a form "not workflow"

Need a Unique ID on the face of the form before submitting the form.
                                Can not find a work around.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL 20219 version

when 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL on 2019 Version ?

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Ability to add task outcome in UPPERCASE via task process action

Can we have the option to be able to add task outcomes either in UPPERCASE or LOWERCASE and not default to the first letter being in uppercase and the rest reverting to lowercase?

Consider the below steps:

1. Navigate to workflow designer

2. Add a "Task Process" action to the canvas

3. Double-click the Task Process action to configure it.

4. You will notice that under the Task outcomes section, there are two outcomes: Approve and Reject.

5. Rename the task outcome "Approve" to APPROVE.

6. Click away from the text box and you will notice that it has changed…

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Print to PDF: Introduce page margin settings

As we struggle with the same issue as described in community thread https://community.nintex.com/thread/13293-set-margin-for-print-to-pdf I would like to suggest the introduction of page margin setting capability for the print to pdf-section of the form setting page.

15 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • hyperlink validation

I think it would be useful to have a built-in validation for hyperlink controls. Present behavior allows either addition of only the web address or only the text to display. When form is saved with only the web address entered, the value is used as the display text. When form is saved with only the text to display entered, no value is entered into the sharepoint field and it's as if nothing was done, no warning, no error. This is a universal requirement - that a hyperlink have a web address - and adding a product-level validation rule that threw…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Sql Request cannot be connected to a multi-line text field limiting it to only 255 characters.

I have a visitor request form and use a SQL Request Control to pull in a list of visitors. The SQL Request control is configured as a multi-select where they can pick multiple visitors for a given event. The SQL Request control will only allow me to connect to a single-line text column in the SharePoint list. Therefore the users are only able to select about 17 visitors until the form will not submit because the length of the single-line text column/field is greater than 255 characters. Please allow the SQL Request control to be able to connect to a…

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Feedback and Knowledge Base