2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

How can we improve Nintex Forms?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. People Picker validation on Form submission

At present when a form is submitted the people picker control is validated on user login. Can this be changed so the control is validated using Email address instead of the login name.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear non connected fields on a form

Would like the ability to clear unconnected fields on a Nintex Form when the form loads. Some customers have the requirement not to preserve form data to a unbound field on the form.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nintex Mobile Radio buttons alternative request

Hi,

The biggest problem with radio buttons/choice controls on Nintex Mobile is that it defaults to the native behaviour of displaying all values in a list, such that selecting the control it "pushes" the list to a new window on the stack and the only screen you see IS the list. Users then select a value(s) and the user then "pops" the window off the stack returning the user to the page with the option choices value(s) shown.

There is an alternative behaviour that can be implemented, and I have done this as an iOS developer, and the behaviour I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nintex Mobile App Radio button are not supported

Currently the Nintex Mobile App doesn't display the Radio buttons, instead it shows the options as a drop down list.

We have built a QA process form which shows a poor design without Radio buttons.

Please include the Radio buttons in the Nintex Mobile App.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to add task outcome in UPPERCASE via task process action

Can we have the option to be able to add task outcomes either in UPPERCASE or LOWERCASE and not default to the first letter being in uppercase and the rest reverting to lowercase?

Consider the below steps:

1. Navigate to workflow designer

2. Add a "Task Process" action to the canvas

3. Double-click the Task Process action to configure it.

4. You will notice that under the Task outcomes section, there are two outcomes: Approve and Reject.

5. Rename the task outcome "Approve" to APPROVE.

6. Click away from the text box and you will notice that it has changed…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. List Lookup control should support the Multiple lines of text sharepoint column type

Because of how I designed 2 forms over 2/3 of a year ago, I need to spend extra time to perform a certain request for a client. I currently need to update 5 different choice controls with information that already exists in another list.

What leads to the issue described in the topic is that in my research to move this information out of choice controls and into a list lookup required me to set the column types to single line of text. Now, the list lookup control does support this, however one of the columns allows multiple selections, and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copying control from one form to another form

This would be so useful and time-saver if we could copy control from one form to another form. Also, it should be possible that we could import a complete form let's say source form, into another form i.e. destination form while older controls in destination form are not lost. For this, user should be able to import a form in a panel sort of thing in another form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent deletion of attachment

Ability to configure the attachment control to prevent users from deleting existing attachments

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. prevent users from deleting rows in repeating section

Would like to have the ability to toggle if users can remove rows in a repeating section using a runtime function and a named control. Currently on both classic and responsive, nintex forms only lets you use an expression where you can use inline functions and item properties.

What could also work is perhaps having the abillity to hide the "x" in the repeating section.

Use case could be a process where users add comments or data to a form but should not delete other peoples data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. administrating nintex form control

Nintex Administration --> Form Controls

Missing Ability to remove /restrict some of form control actions based on usage like we have workflow actions for workflows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide the disabled 'X' delete button in the first repeating table

When the repeating table control is used and only one table is displayed, the X delete button is still visible although its functionality is disabled and users attempt to click it. Have the X delete button appear when there are 2 or more tables.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restore or recover deleted Form templates from recycle bin

The ability to Restore a deleted Form from the recycle-bin.
    Forms deleted from the Nintex UI are removed completely from the system with no way to recover, except from a back-up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to bound a value that edited via Quick edit to web request control

If the web request control is not connected to ID, when the user change the list column value via Quick Edit, the new value will not able to bound into the Nintex Form due to missing ID.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms.

Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms. Currently the Forms version of the Web Request action only allows Get or POST, it would be very useful if this also allowed SOAP requests like the Workflow Web Request Action does.

I recently implemented a Solution which interacts with SAP via Web Requests and unfortunately SAP is not able to process GET or POST, which means instead of being able to load the data on the form as the user goes we have had to do this in the workflow and create an additional task for the user to review…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need sub forms for content types

Lotus Notes Xpages and Lotus Notes forms allow you to design a "subform". This is for when you have common sections across a number of forms. Design it once then just place it on the form where needed.

Can we get such a feature in Nintex forms? I would imagine it would be used where you have content types inheriting from other content types. The parent content types should have the ability to create one or more "sub forms" that can be placed on child content types where needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Forms Permission Restriction

Currently there is no way, that I'm aware of, to restrict users who have full control over their site from using Nintex forms. We would like to restrict users from using Nintex unless they have been properly trained. There should be some way to use AD accounts to allow only certain users the ability to design forms.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom controls using SharePoint Framework

At the moment we can develop custom controls using SharePoint Farm Solutions.

It would be amazing if we could develop custom controls using SharePoint Framework for that, so we can use only client-side code and be aligned with SharePoint best practices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get Attachment Count

SP2013 & 2016.

We are very happy to have received Attachments in Repeating Sections - this is a great advancement - however, the JavaScript we were using previously is not functional in these scenarios.

We require a way - in all cases - to count the number of attachments. We may have multiple attachment controls on a form, and they may or may not be in repeating sections.

Please add this functionality as soon as possible so we can stop using JavaScript for the old forms, and so we have a way to handle Repeating Section attachments!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SQL Request Control in task form does not populate the existing list column values

Currently the SQL Request Control is able to capture existing list column value when open in edit mode in List Item form, but in Task form it is not pre-populating the original values from the list column. This is the major drawback when we use multi-level approvals with SQL Request control.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Feedback and Knowledge Base