1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine functionality of Task activities into Flexi-task

It would seem to me that the functionality of the Flexi-task could be expanded to encompass most of the different types of task activities. This would make the decision of what type of task to use more straight forward, and some of the other task types would benefit from the options available to the Flexi task.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Error Handling to UpdateItem

Looping through many or all of the items in a library is a common development requirement. A typical workflow might be a Query List followed by a For Each loop that contains UpdateItem.

Sometimes the UpdateItem might fail for reasons like the item is checked out.

There should be a way for the workflow to continue to the next item if the update fails and not have the workflow fail.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow feedback to user during Workflow execution - like a Msgbox - or even more

It is sometimes important for workflows to communicate status information back to the workflow initiator in the GUI environment.

For example, if the workflow contains an Exec SQL, status information might be returned from SQL that the user would like to know. If a msgbox-like window that displayed a workflow variable were available, it would be very useful.

As a grander idea, allow the msgbox to prompt the user for a workflow variable that could then be acted upon.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In the Copy to SharePoint task, allow specification of the name of the new document

The Copy to SharePoint task allows for a new document name if the document name already exists in the target. It does this by appending date/time information.

I suggest allowing the new name to be provided via a workflow variable. It would provide much more flexibility.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add ability to assign Request Data task to a group but have tasks created for each individual

We are setting up a dashboard page in SharePoint to give one point for users to always find all their tasks. The included webpart with Nintex Workflow is great for this except in one instance that I’ve found. If I’m using a request data task and assigning that task to a group then it will not show up in the dashboard page unless I configure the webpart to show all tasks which defeats the purpose. On flexi-tasks I’ve gotten around this by creating tasks for each person in the group but this is not an option on the request data…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save the Workflow from within a form

When working on a Nintex form within a Nintex Workflow, hitting save on the form should automatically prompt a save on the workflow. Having spent hours working on a form, I saved it (several times) then exited the form, in doing so, Internet Explorer crashed and when I restored the webpage and opened up my workflow, my form was gone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Workflow Actions/FlexiTask: Ability to use HTML Templates

On many workflows, we re-use most of the same verbiage and it would be helpful to have a method where we can pre-load a FlexiTask with a template and populate it with workflow variables. Right now, the only way of doing this is to click Flexi > Edit HTML > Drag to notepad, then manually drag into each Flexi. However if you click in the wrong spot once you paste the HTML in, you will get some formatting issues.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Loop N Times to allow you to store iteration number

When the Loop N Times actions runs, it would be great to be able to store the number of the iteration we are up to.

This would be especially useful to pull data from a Dictionary after you have queried some data from a list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FlexiTask: WUSIWUG component update

Editor component needs an update to support multple browsers. Right now it only works well in IE. Does not work at all in Firefox or Chrome.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error messages

When a site feature is not activated, generic error messages are thrown. Can we generic a specific one about the site feature not being activated so people don't have to guess?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Workflow NAME to Browser Tabs

I find that many times I have several workflows open (maybe I am working on several at one time OR need to refer to an old one while creating a new one). It would extremely helpful if the browser tabs would have the workflow name instead of just the words "Workflow Designer" on the top of each. This would make it much easier to navigate between several open Nintex Workflow tabs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Workflow history page improvement

In the workflow history page (WorkflowLog.aspx) for a complicated workflow the Action List is not meaningful to the end user, having this in a collapsed accordion would be awesome. This information is still important from a debugging stand point though.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow workflows to be linked to content types in content hubs

In SharePoint 2013 it is currently impossible to link Reusable workflows to content types in a content hub that is consumable by other site collections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MS Word Templates: Allow for page breaks

Currently, the ability to update a MS Word template control will not write any page breaks. Everything appears on a single line. We were told by Product Management that this feature will not be available and not be looked at.

It is rather useless feature if you cannot insert a page break - esp if you are capturing large text/memo-type fields in InfoPath and expecting them to write them out in a Word document that is generated from a workflow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the default behavior for Database mappings

I understand the current behavior for mapping SP content databases to "any available workflow contnet database" follows Microsofts lead of createing site collections in whichever content database it likes. But I strongly suggest that Nintex break that behavior for database mappings. Your own documentation suggests that the best practice is to create a one to one relationship between SP content db and NW content db. Yet the default behavior doesn't follow that suggestion.

It would be nice if the default behavior was not to set the mapping at all and force the admin to make a choice.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can Nintex come up with a comprehensive solution to automate the migration of workflows that contain InfoPath forms?

It would be great if you could provide a migration tool that uses a configuration file or an interactive wizard where workflow designers and SharePoint administrators could, for example:

• Specify the content type or list name in both the source and target environment and the tool can use that to configure the actions instead of using the underlying GUIDs.

• Specify which actions have customized InfoPath forms and the tool can use that information to migrate the dependent forms as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improved support for multi-language notifications

I would like to see improved support for a requirement where a workflow needs to send notifications to people that have different native languages. Assuming the language of each workflow participant can be determined (for example, via an AD attribute), today it is bothersome to create a notification in their respective language. I have tried two workarounds
    - use workflow variable, fill it externally with desired boday text, and use this variable as body for notification e-mail. But then I face challenges when trying to dynamically replace inline placeholders - such as Workflow initiator or approval URL - within these…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Approve/Reject URLs to FlexiTask

For the regular Approval workflow action, you can include direct approve / reject URLs into the task e-mail notification. Unfortunately, these direct URLs seem not to be available for the FlexiTask action. I would love to see this capability also for FlexiTask.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 30 31 32 34 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories