Autopurge history list and workflow data
We would like to have scheduled purge of Nintex history lists and workflow data after specified amount of time( say 6 months) for better performance. Can we have this option in Nintex management to setup a schedule and purge the data with required filters.
Hi all, we have recently released a couple of features to address the root problem first which is around not having the visibility on the health of the content database and a reliable tool to perform the purge. Please check out the January 2019 Release notes for more details – https://community.nintex.com/t5/Release-Notes/Nintex-Workflow-2016-Release-Notes/ta-p/87905
Joseph Velliah commented
Do we have the above said features for Nintex 2013 version
Bruce Stemplewski commented
How is it possible that this was not in the design of both SharePoint and Nintex out of the box?
An ideal request would be to have a job running in the background which will automatically purge all workflow history/data which is not 'In Progress' after X period. But a detailed requirement would be,
• Provide an administrative UI where site collection administrators can specify a date before which all workflow history can be purged permanently skipping recycle bin.
• Provide an administrative UI where site collection administrators can specify a date before which all workflow data (aka workflow progress) can be purged permanently from the Nintex database.
• Allow option to purge Completed, Cancelled, Error or combination of these state for workflow history and workflow data.
• Allow option to disable workflow data logging at the site collection level.
• Allow option to disable workflow data logging at the sub web level.
• Allow option to disable workflow data logging at the workflow template level. (Would be highly useful and would be something which can be released more soon than rest requirement)
• Allow option to view live real-time workflow data count within the site collection for site collection administrators.
• The purging requirements should be satisfied through a job which runs more soon like 5 or 15 minutes, rather than a daily job.
This is something that needs to be done yesterday. Nintex, this is a huge gap that needs to be closed. It's unrealistic to manually purge this data in an Enterprise environment. Please move this to the top of the list to be worked on.
Sumit Jethwa commented
I think this would be a brilliant idea to either purge the Workflow History/Workflow Data when it reaches a defined threshold, or to purge periodically i.e 6months, a year etc.
You can do this with non Nintex workflow history lists, native-ly in SharePoint
information management retention policy settings on workflow history lists, please see this Microsoft article.:
You can do this using a PowerShell script
Or by a certain date or timeframe i.e. after 60 days
Rajkumar Yeldurthi commented
Can we have an option to purge Nintex workflow history list on condition or schedule? For instance when the Workflow history list reaches more than 5000 items, we would like to purge the history list automatically.
This is a general problem in our projects. We do invoiceProcessing and are having lots of invoices running a complex workflow.
Aaron Labiosa commented
It would be nice to see an interface for creating scheduled workflow data purge jobs that could have filters applied. Example: Every month on x day purge all workflow data that has a status of completed or errored.