Workflow access to attachments
Workflow access to attachments on list items seems extremely limited. The list item property "Attachments" tells me whether at least one attachment is present (True/False) but nothing else.
I want the native ability in a workflow to see the attachments on a list items as a Collection so I can:
1) Count the number of attachments
2) Iterate through the attachments and for each one see:
a) File name
b) File type (extension)
c) File type (MIME)
d) Attachment URL
c) File size
3) Add (by prompting the user to upload a file) attachment
4) Add (by moving/copying a file from another location in Sharepoint)
5) Remove (delete) an attachment
6) Move or Copy to another location (e.g.a document library)
Ryan R commented
You can use a web service to query the attachments and get their URLs. You just have to use the attachments web service, query the XML and then process it in a loop. The issue that I'm currently having is with getting the file size of attachments. This is a really good suggestion though.