How can we improve Nintex Workflow?

Provide Actions for some Basic SharePoint activities

It would be helpful if you provide actions for some basic SharePoint scenarios that are currently missing the Nintex Workflow 2010 set of actions.

A few are -
1. Assign Site Permissions
2. Assign List Permissions
3. Add new Column(s) to a List
4. Associate Content Type(s) to a List
5. Create Site Content Type(s)
6. Create Site Column(s)
7. Create folder(s) in a Library

I know all these activities are possible through the Web-Service action of Nintex. However, it would save lot of development time to have predefined actions in Nintex for them. Calling web-service makes sense for any advanced SharePoint operation, but not for the simple ones.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Abhijith Shastry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Roanna Gunaratnam responded  · 

Hi All,

With each of the requested actions could you please tell be what scenarios you are using each of them? From the list could you please order them in most important to each import?

Cheers,
Roanna

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Abhijith R Shastry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Roanna,
    Below is one of the many scenarios - Think about you call the 'Create Site' action from the workflow after which, you need to perform all the listed actions.

In my opinion, the order specified in the above list can be considered the order of priority.

Best Regards,
    Abhijith

• Marcos Babu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alexey: Is this available as an regular action (not as a regular webservice call) in a Nintex Enterprise edition? I don't think so. And you comment suggests it is.

• Francois Crous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add a request to this for managing lookup values in a list. Would it be possible to allow for managing the prepopulated lookup list through a action.

Feedback and Knowledge Base