1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

How can we improve Nintex Workflow?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change State After All Must Agree On Task Outcome

When configuring a Task action within a State Machine branch, you should be able to place Change State actions within the Approve or Reject branches of the Flexi Task action while the task behavior is configured for "All must agree on a specific outcome".

Currently this causes a looping of task action, and the Change State actions must be moved outside of the task outcome branches to accomplish the expected behavior.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Query list action doesn't scale to support indexed SharePoint lists

The "Query list" action doesn't scale to support indexed SharePoint lists. If I have a large list that is indexed to cope with potentially a million items, the "Query list" action doesn't adapt and times out. Can this be improved?

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Voting Option for Flexi-Task

Some of our document approvals require a group of people to vote on a number of options (if they disagree, it goes on to another level). It would be very useful to be able to assign people to a single task with a number of options, wait for them all to respond, then have the number of votes for each option assigned to a variable.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nintex Web Service to export and import UDAs

The Nintex Web Services has a method for importing and exporting Workflows, having methods for importing and exporting UDAs across environments would be one step closer to being able to automate deployments across environments.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Constants and Variable Lists

I would like to request some additional functionality with Constants and Variables
    1. It would be really great if you would provide the ability to Sort the displayed information. It is very challenging to find a value among hundreds of values when they aren't sortable.
    2. It would be kick-ass if you would display any default values in the list of constants or list of variables, unless it is sensitive, then don’t display that data. I just need to see what I entered really quickly to verify I have entered the correct data.
    3. It would be stupendous if I…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI Sunnie,

Thanks for the great feedback. You’ll find some improvements to variables in the next on premises releases.

We are considering some of the improvements you mention around unused variables and initiation values.

As for the export to a file, would some form of better workflow documentation featiure address this?

6. Reminders and Escalation on Request Review

On the Request Data task there are options to implement Reminders and Escalation. Is there any reason that a Request Data task could not also have these?

Cheers

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reorder UDA Parameters

When building and extending UDA's you often add new input/output parameters. Currently, the parameters appear in the order entered, I think. Would be great to have a way to reorder the parameters on the UDA configuration. Having the parameters in a seemingly random order can be confusing and has led to the wrong value be entered into a parameter.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Web service to query delegation

It would be advantageous to have a web service where you could pass through a username and a date, to get a result back that would show if the user is currrently delegation approvals to another user, and provide that user's name. This way it would be possible to use Nintex Workflow as a "one stop shop" for delegation, and any 3rd party apps that are written that may use a simple approval could leverage off of this information.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. email action

In Nintex 2010, when you use the "send email" action ... there is no possibility to catch errors when an email could not be send. If the mail server is down, the email is not send and the workflow is marked as completed. This would make it possible to build a retry mechanism while sending emails. If email send fails ... wait 1 hour and then try to resend.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. flexi task: allow edit setting for escaltion,reminders and behavior per each assignee. today you can only edit the notification itself.

i've recently encountrd in this situation: i had a flexi task with two assignees, they had to agree on a specific outcome (approve). i couldn't add any more assignees to this task since i needed different behavior than "all must agree on a specific outcome". also, i didn't want the group members to recieve escaltion and reminders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto create iCalendar, Exchange ICS Calendar Invite file

The ability to auto create an iCalendar file and Exchange ICS calendar invite file on the fly.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support blank dates in RunIf

In the RunIf action, support the ability for Run If if the date is Blank

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Row Item Variable

Hello,

Often I have to work with multiple items at a time, which means I have to save each column of each item into a collection, and then loop through these collections get all the values from all the columns. This becomes a big task when there are a lot of items with a lot of columns.

It would be really cool if you could create an "item variable" which essentially would contain all of the item's columns within it. This way we could easily loop through a single collection and do things with this "item variable" such as creating…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Resend the Lazy Approval Email to the approver

Many a times, the issues with Lazy Approval are the eMAIL systems, and not the workflow itself. Emails with rLazy Approval request get deleted, lost and so on.

In all those events, it would be much easier to just say, here I am resending the task, just approve it while I am on the phone with you..

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expand Logging Capabilities

Expanding the amount of text that can be logged to the Nintex Workflow History would be very helpful. Right now the output seems very limited (I believe to 256 chars). Sometimes it is necessary to log what is in an XML file or other long pieces of text. If you could increase the amount of text able to be logged that would be fantastic.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Migration

Since a Nintex workflow can become quite complex with lots of information coming from multiple locations it would be great to be able to define all the pieces and parts that are needed for that workflow to run (a report of some sort). Further, once a designer/developer has created a workflow with all it's part and has unit tested the hell out of it, allow them to perform a save that pulls together all of the components into one Migration package / file / folder etc... so that when moving a workflow to a QA server it doesn't take manual…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save and Continue option

While it’s on my mind, one for the suggestion basket: Suggest adding an option to the Save dropdown menu that is in the vein of “Save and Continue” which would allow the user to save without having to go through the popup confirmation window and just return the user to the editing stage. Alternatively, it might work to allow one to set the behaviour of the Save button itself to that (presumably on a per-user or per-session basis).
    :)Ben

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NWAdmin purge WorkflowHistoryList update

Please consider adding the ability to permanently delete Workflow History List items (use List.delete() instead of List.Recycle() ) when using PurgeWorkflowHistoryList nwadmin command. The process of emptying the recycle bin after purging 100’s of thousands of history items is quite time consuming even via powershell.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Workflow Annotations (Highlight, Notes, Colored Text) for Reference

When designing large workflows many times I need a way to make notes of what I did and why. Sometimes it is so that when I come back I know where to pick up where I left off, or my thoughts on why I did something the way I did, etc.

At the moment I have to put my notes in the labels of the action boxes or put in a "Send Notification" dummy action box to make notes.

It would be great if there were a way to highlight, make notes and colorize text in order to really call…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Combine functionality of Task activities into Flexi-task

It would seem to me that the functionality of the Flexi-task could be expanded to encompass most of the different types of task activities. This would make the decision of what type of task to use more straight forward, and some of the other task types would benefit from the options available to the Flexi task.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Feedback and Knowledge Base