1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inline Function or Action to Calculate Business Days/Hours

There are many scenarios when you need to take into account business days/hours for a workflow. One example would be setting a due date for something, and only wanting to do it based on business days. There is currently not an easy way to do this. It would be great if there were either an inline function or a workflow action that allowed you to calculate a date and factor in business days/hours and even holidays.

582 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    41 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,
    There looks to be 2 requests here
    - Update Inline function to allow calculate date difference, factoring in only business days / hours
    - Update Calculate date action to factor in only business days / hours
    Can you please share which of the two you require and your use cases
    Thanks
    Lisa

2. Auto create iCalendar, Exchange ICS Calendar Invite file

The ability to auto create an iCalendar file and Exchange ICS calendar invite file on the fly.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resend the Lazy Approval Email to the approver

Many a times, the issues with Lazy Approval are the eMAIL systems, and not the workflow itself. Emails with rLazy Approval request get deleted, lost and so on.

In all those events, it would be much easier to just say, here I am resending the task, just approve it while I am on the phone with you..

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reorder UDA Parameters

When building and extending UDA's you often add new input/output parameters. Currently, the parameters appear in the order entered, I think. Would be great to have a way to reorder the parameters on the UDA configuration. Having the parameters in a seemingly random order can be confusing and has led to the wrong value be entered into a parameter.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Listing of all scheduled workflows on a list (or site)

The NWAdmin.exe has a command called EnumSchedules that will display all the workflow schedules created in the farm. What would be great is to be able to have that report show up on a site, either using the reporting, or having it somewhere associated with a list or list item, so that the users can have insight in to what scheduled workflows exist and will be run in the future. Would be nice if it listed the item on which it will run, and the date and time it is set to run, as well as the ability to delete…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. email action

In Nintex 2010, when you use the "send email" action ... there is no possibility to catch errors when an email could not be send. If the mail server is down, the email is not send and the workflow is marked as completed. This would make it possible to build a retry mechanism while sending emails. If email send fails ... wait 1 hour and then try to resend.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. flexi task: allow edit setting for escaltion,reminders and behavior per each assignee. today you can only edit the notification itself.

i've recently encountrd in this situation: i had a flexi task with two assignees, they had to agree on a specific outcome (approve). i couldn't add any more assignees to this task since i needed different behavior than "all must agree on a specific outcome". also, i didn't want the group members to recieve escaltion and reminders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Migration

Since a Nintex workflow can become quite complex with lots of information coming from multiple locations it would be great to be able to define all the pieces and parts that are needed for that workflow to run (a report of some sort). Further, once a designer/developer has created a workflow with all it's part and has unit tested the hell out of it, allow them to perform a save that pulls together all of the components into one Migration package / file / folder etc... so that when moving a workflow to a QA server it doesn't take manual…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save and Continue option

While it’s on my mind, one for the suggestion basket: Suggest adding an option to the Save dropdown menu that is in the vein of “Save and Continue” which would allow the user to save without having to go through the popup confirmation window and just return the user to the editing stage. Alternatively, it might work to allow one to set the behaviour of the Save button itself to that (presumably on a per-user or per-session basis).

:)Ben

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Ben. I am interested to know what the driver of the request is? Is it simply best practice saving every now and again, or is it due to the browser potentially crashing and losing your work? If it’s the latter, would some form of AutoSave assist?

10. Combine functionality of Task activities into Flexi-task

It would seem to me that the functionality of the Flexi-task could be expanded to encompass most of the different types of task activities. This would make the decision of what type of task to use more straight forward, and some of the other task types would benefit from the options available to the Flexi task.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. FlexiTask: WUSIWUG component update

Editor component needs an update to support multple browsers. Right now it only works well in IE. Does not work at all in Firefox or Chrome.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Workflow history page improvement

In the workflow history page (WorkflowLog.aspx) for a complicated workflow the Action List is not meaningful to the end user, having this in a collapsed accordion would be awesome. This information is still important from a debugging stand point though.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow workflows to be linked to content types in content hubs

In SharePoint 2013 it is currently impossible to link Reusable workflows to content types in a content hub that is consumable by other site collections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can Nintex come up with a comprehensive solution to automate the migration of workflows that contain InfoPath forms?

It would be great if you could provide a migration tool that uses a configuration file or an interactive wizard where workflow designers and SharePoint administrators could, for example:

• Specify the content type or list name in both the source and target environment and the tool can use that to configure the actions instead of using the underlying GUIDs.

• Specify which actions have customized InfoPath forms and the tool can use that information to migrate the dependent forms as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Approve/Reject URLs to FlexiTask

For the regular Approval workflow action, you can include direct approve / reject URLs into the task e-mail notification. Unfortunately, these direct URLs seem not to be available for the FlexiTask action. I would love to see this capability also for FlexiTask.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base