1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get previous field value in workflow

As start workflow option to start a workflow you can set the "value differs from the old value" option. Nintex Workflow obviously has access to this information. Within the workflow you can not load the previous value into a variable or something else. That would be nice.

Actually you have to use multiple hidden fields storing the previous value to use in for workflow porposes.

410 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  Jon Hardy responded

Without going into the technical detail; the previous value made available in conditional start is actually the current value just before any updates are made to the item. When the item is updated, we lose the ability to get the value prior to the update.

To restate the workaround as indicated in the idea; create an additional column in the list or library and update this with the current value of the column of interest. Then when the actual column is updated, the previous value is still available in the additional column. Of course one need not make this additional column visible in the view or Form so the users are not confused.

2. Auto Save

Auto-save while working on a Nintex Workflow would be such a good thing. Not only myself, but other developers I know have backed out of the designer before just by some random key presses and have lost his/her work. Right now the only solution is clicking "save" often, which isn't terrible, but sometimes when you are focused on the work it can easily slip one's mind.

142 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Workflow access to attachments

Workflow access to attachments on list items seems extremely limited. The list item property "Attachments" tells me whether at least one attachment is present (True/False) but nothing else.

I want the native ability in a workflow to see the attachments on a list items as a Collection so I can:

1) Count the number of attachments
    2) Iterate through the attachments and for each one see:
    a) File name
    b) File type (extension)
    c) File type (MIME)
    d) Attachment URL
    c) File size
    etc.
    3) Add (by prompting the user to upload a file) attachment
    4) Add (by moving/copying a…

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Test Mode

Have a Test/Debug mode option in the Workflow Settings that you can check an uncheck. Then for each action, allow a check box to enable or disable test mode. If Test mode is checked in the workflow settings, then any action with its Test Mode checked would be enabled. However when you uncheck the Test Mode box in Workflow setting (meaning its going live) then each action with Test Mode still checked would become disabled. This would be a good time saver for actions like Log to History and Send Notification where you only want them in your workflow for…

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improved support for multi-language notifications

I would like to see improved support for a requirement where a workflow needs to send notifications to people that have different native languages. Assuming the language of each workflow participant can be determined (for example, via an AD attribute), today it is bothersome to create a notification in their respective language. I have tried two workarounds
    - use workflow variable, fill it externally with desired boday text, and use this variable as body for notification e-mail. But then I face challenges when trying to dynamically replace inline placeholders - such as Workflow initiator or approval URL - within these…

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export list item data to CSV, including Repeating Section data

A Workflow Action to easily select the columns to export to CSV (attach to an email notification for example) including data in Repeating Sections.

Currently I can do this manually, but very cumbersome and time consuming.

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Edit UDA in Central Administration

Right now after promoting a UDA to farm level, it is not possible to edit it in Central Administration.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Manager Delegation

Currently, only the current approver and a Site Admin can delegate a task. There needs to be some way of specifying other users that can perform delegation (eg. manager of the current approver).

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search/Replace

Many times on a published workflows the users asked to change a lot of common messages, Names of lists, etc. On that cases you have to change it on all actions, emails, reminders, messages,labels, etc. That's when I asked why Nintex cannot have a Search/replace operation on Nintex Designer.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  Lisa Tam responded

This is currently on not on our near term roadmap but I have opened for voting and we will continue to monitor interests.

10. Capture Lazy Approval Token

Being able to capture the Lazy Approval Token would you to add it to reminder emails so that the reminder email could be replied to.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Lisa Tam responded

Reverting the status as Rick’s comment is for O365 version

11. Saving snippet- include only variabled used in the snippet

When saving Action Set as a snippet, all variables currently used in a workflow are included. When adding this snippet to another workflow, all these variables are of course copied over- which ends up in adding significant number of variables that are not used.
    It would be much better if only variables used in the snippet were included and provisioned when adding snippet to a new workflow

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Undo and redo buttons

At the moment, if a workflow action is deleted, there is no way to go back unless close the designer without saving it. Having the Undo and redo buttons would be very useful if a group of actions were deleted by accident. For example, I made lots of changes on a workflow and didn't save the change and then I deleted an action set action, but then realize I only need to delete the action set not all nested actions. The undo button would be very handy.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Constants and Variable Lists

I would like to request some additional functionality with Constants and Variables
    1. It would be really great if you would provide the ability to Sort the displayed information. It is very challenging to find a value among hundreds of values when they aren't sortable.
    2. It would be kick-ass if you would display any default values in the list of constants or list of variables, unless it is sensitive, then don’t display that data. I just need to see what I entered really quickly to verify I have entered the correct data.
    3. It would be stupendous if I…

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Workflow Annotations (Highlight, Notes, Colored Text) for Reference

When designing large workflows many times I need a way to make notes of what I did and why. Sometimes it is so that when I come back I know where to pick up where I left off, or my thoughts on why I did something the way I did, etc.

At the moment I have to put my notes in the labels of the action boxes or put in a "Send Notification" dummy action box to make notes.

It would be great if there were a way to highlight, make notes and colorize text in order to really call…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My Workflow Tasks - Filter for specific workflow

When using the My Workflow Tasks webpart, it would be nice to be able to filter for a specific workflow. That way I could create pages where user's could just manage the tasks for a specific workflow, instead of all the workflows on a given site.

Also, if a user is a member of a group that has a task assigned, it would be nice to see those tasks instead of having to show the tasks for all users.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NWAdmin or Web service for exporting all UDAs in farm

We would like to have NWAdmin command or web service that can export all UDA in farm.

Exporting UDAs manually is sometimes unrealistic.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Page Break Functionality in New Responsive Design - Nintex Forms O365

It would be really useful if we would have page break functionality in the Nintex Forms O365, New Responsive design, like we have in the old responsive. Print functionality in the new responsive is a lot nicer and it would be perfect to have the ability to put a break on the pages we can configure. The printed document would be a lot better organised and easy to read. This is also an important requirement for a process we have in our company.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have a way to view hyperlinks in body of email for Send Notification

When creating a "Send notification" and specifying a hyperlink inside the body of the email, there is no way to view what that link is set to. The only way to see that again is to view it using the HTML editor.

There should be a way to click on the hyperlink text and see the actual URL behind it.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Escalations

Please consider a modification to your Escalation page and escalation notification.

• Since the Escalation Delegate notification is a rather important feature I find it hard to believe that you put the Escalation information entered on the Escalation tab at the bottom of the notification email. It would be tremendously helpful if the escalation comments section were shifted to the top of the email notification.

• Even better idea, allow the Escalation notification be format-able just like a reminder. Allow the designer/developer to enter custom information so that whoever is receiving the Escalation information is well aware of what is…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add multiple filtering in the list lookup control

Add multiple filtering in the list lookup control

Allow the list lookup control to filter multiple attributes of a list

34 votes
    Vote