1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. flexi task: allow edit setting for escaltion,reminders and behavior per each assignee. today you can only edit the notification itself.

i've recently encountrd in this situation: i had a flexi task with two assignees, they had to agree on a specific outcome (approve). i couldn't add any more assignees to this task since i needed different behavior than "all must agree on a specific outcome". also, i didn't want the group members to recieve escaltion and reminders.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Alex responded

Thanks for the feedback, we are reviewing this request for inclusion in a future release

2. Add lookup functionality when constructing strings

When constructing strings we have the option "Insert reference". Unfortunately this only allows to insert predefined elements, but no list lookups or similar. So if we need some data from other lists we have to use another variable and a Set Variable action prior to constructing the text.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not show workflow start page

As discussed here https://community.nintex.com/thread/1163?sr=stream&ru=2149
    although it Is already possible to not use a workflow start page the process of selecting custom and leaving the field blank is not very intuitive.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Skip to Different Action Set

I have been working with different workflow tools. While one of the best feature which I found in another workflow tool is that, an administrator can re-run the error workflow instance at a particular action set.

For more details consider a workflow as mentioned below:

Start
    then Step 1
    then Step 2
    then step 3 approval process
    Step 5 if approved in step 3
    Step 6 if rejected in step 3.

This is a simple workflow. Now user has run the workflow and the approval task is assigned to a approver. Approver performs the task. Onec the approver performs the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resizable rules pane

Would be great to have the option to resize the width of the Rules pane on the right side of the forms designer interface just like the left pane with all of the controls is. This would allow you to see the full name of each rule which is often truncated. Attached is a screenshot of a rule with a name longer than the width of the Rules pane "ELE Commercial Ext Lighting" so it only shows as "ELE Commercial Ext" in the rules list.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to maintain a developer log/history for a Workflow

Currently there is no way a maintain a developer log/history of a workflow. This new feature would be similar to a flower-box that is used to explain the changes within a program. A possibility is to add
    another option under the Workflow Settings menu option.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Setup cascading functionality with external content type

How can I apply cascading filter on 2nd External Data Column using 1st External Data Column selected value

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Code Editor field

For fields that are you to put in code (for example the Execute SQL action), it would be nice to have an editor that supported TAB indentations and used a monospaced font, so it was easier to get an overview of the code.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Synchronize / Copy Task Description to e-mail notification

The need to separately maintain the Task description and the E-Mail notification Body us bothersome to my. The is worsened by the fact that simple copying (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) between the two does not seem to work for references (item properties, dynamic URLs, ...) which have been inserted into the Task notification.

I would hope for an easy way (UI button would suffice) to manually copy the current Task description into the E-Mail notification Body, maintaining all references which are included in the Task notification.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please list the default values on the workflow variable dialog that lists all of the workflow variables.

Please list the default values on the workflow variable dialog that lists all of the workflow variables. Another nice feature would be able to assign a group and or comment. Variables could be sorted by group and or comment. A group might be Constants for example. Or Field Values. Whatever you wanted.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Message template header for site workflow

In a list workflow it use the message template header in mail's and I can design (in the message template) as I wanted it with item from the list in the header (I have a item which are in all list Title)

I would like to have a message template header designet to be used only in site workflow

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Publish 100 workflows linked to a UDA (in batches)

We would like to publish ~100 workflows with all are referencing a central UDA, this is obviously running in a timeout at the moment

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Workflow NAME to Browser Tabs

I find that many times I have several workflows open (maybe I am working on several at one time OR need to refer to an old one while creating a new one). It would extremely helpful if the browser tabs would have the workflow name instead of just the words "Workflow Designer" on the top of each. This would make it much easier to navigate between several open Nintex Workflow tabs.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Working with Workflow Variables

• Ability to delete multiple variables by selection, currently I need to click on each variable, hit delete, hit OK. I have 200 variables.

• Ability to automatically sort alphabetically by variable name. Currently in the Workflow Variables settings screen, they're not sorted.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to Copy snippets or Clipboard "copies" from lists/libraries to site workflows

Sometimes you develop a worklfow for an existing list and a lot of logic goes into the actions and functions, etc. but then if you want to create a site workflow to update already existing documents with the same logic you have to rebuild it. Allow for copying of code snippets between different workflows and different type of workflows.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Published Date Stamp on Form and Workflow Designer

While you are building a form are workflow there is not an easy way to see when the last form or workflow was published. In the upper right corncer where you see the workflow name, list name, and version number, please add a date stamp so the end user knows when it was last published.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reference to current Task List

A way to set a dynamic reference to the currently used task list could be very usefult..Designing a reusable workflow template, I could have each instance with a different task list and if I have to check tasks I'm not able to use a single query list but currently I have to make some switch logics to query the correct list (if I already know which list will be used)

With SharePoint Designer I can set a reference to current task List

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Track UDA changes made by user

There isn't any way to track UDA changes if a user deletes it or do other stuff like edit or import, export. It would be good to have some logs of user actions.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customize Request Data Task Form in Reusable Workflow

Actually, Request Data action doesn't allow to customize the task form (with Nintex Forms or with InfoPath) if that specific action is used in a Reusable Workflow Template (the button in the ribbon to Edit Task Form is simply missing).

Nintex Support has told me that's by design but I think that all actions that involve tasks may have their task form customized.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Actions involving multiple fields - be able to change field order

For actions that involve adding fields (eg. Update Item, Create Item), I would like to be able to change the order of the fields once they are added. This would help when checking that all the correct fields are added and also help in troubleshooting.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base