1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save and Continue option

While it’s on my mind, one for the suggestion basket: Suggest adding an option to the Save dropdown menu that is in the vein of “Save and Continue” which would allow the user to save without having to go through the popup confirmation window and just return the user to the editing stage. Alternatively, it might work to allow one to set the behaviour of the Save button itself to that (presumably on a per-user or per-session basis).

:)Ben

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Alex responded

Thanks for the feedback Ben. I am interested to know what the driver of the request is? Is it simply best practice saving every now and again, or is it due to the browser potentially crashing and losing your work? If it’s the latter, would some form of AutoSave assist?

2. Workflow Annotations (Highlight, Notes, Colored Text) for Reference

When designing large workflows many times I need a way to make notes of what I did and why. Sometimes it is so that when I come back I know where to pick up where I left off, or my thoughts on why I did something the way I did, etc.

At the moment I have to put my notes in the labels of the action boxes or put in a "Send Notification" dummy action box to make notes.

It would be great if there were a way to highlight, make notes and colorize text in order to really call…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Workflow NAME to Browser Tabs

I find that many times I have several workflows open (maybe I am working on several at one time OR need to refer to an old one while creating a new one). It would extremely helpful if the browser tabs would have the workflow name instead of just the words "Workflow Designer" on the top of each. This would make it much easier to navigate between several open Nintex Workflow tabs.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reorder UDA Parameters

When building and extending UDA's you often add new input/output parameters. Currently, the parameters appear in the order entered, I think. Would be great to have a way to reorder the parameters on the UDA configuration. Having the parameters in a seemingly random order can be confusing and has led to the wrong value be entered into a parameter.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search/Replace

Many times on a published workflows the users asked to change a lot of common messages, Names of lists, etc. On that cases you have to change it on all actions, emails, reminders, messages,labels, etc. That's when I asked why Nintex cannot have a Search/replace operation on Nintex Designer.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Lisa Tam responded

This is currently on not on our near term roadmap but I have opened for voting and we will continue to monitor interests.

6. Improved support for multi-language notifications

I would like to see improved support for a requirement where a workflow needs to send notifications to people that have different native languages. Assuming the language of each workflow participant can be determined (for example, via an AD attribute), today it is bothersome to create a notification in their respective language. I have tried two workarounds
    - use workflow variable, fill it externally with desired boday text, and use this variable as body for notification e-mail. But then I face challenges when trying to dynamically replace inline placeholders - such as Workflow initiator or approval URL - within these…

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →