1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Process 'Change State' action immediately instead of waiting until the end of the branch

It would be logical if the 'Change State' action gets processed immediately instead of having to place it at the bottom/end of a branch where it gets processed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Manager Delegation

Currently, only the current approver and a Site Admin can delegate a task. There needs to be some way of specifying other users that can perform delegation (eg. manager of the current approver).

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The 'Workflow Tasks' list is being called 'Create new...'

I had been wondering why our site collection had all these lists called 'Create new...' that no one had added or knew why they were there. Then just now, I was on a workflow status page and saw "This workflow created the following tasks. You can also view them in Create new.... " and remembered that line used to refer to the Workflow Tasks list prior to the last update. So I think when Nintex is creating the list it is giving it the wrong name. Not sure if this is the right path for communicating this but nothing more…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make "Minimized" actions easier to see

When minimizing a switch or other "parent" style action so you can more easily view a complex workflow, there's no indicator to show you that it's been minimized. Maybe change the container border into a stack of containers so you can see it's actually multiple actions.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Workflow Action List Window

Hi,

I think it would be very useful to have a window in the designer that contained a list of all the workflow actions currently in use and allowed the user to click on an item and perhaps either jump to that action in the workflow (if possible) or at minimum open that action's configuration screen.

This way instead of looking at a giant workflow and trying to scroll through and over to try and find a given action, you would have a simple window to easily navigate through your actions.

Maybe you could even add some different sorting options…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Develop and publish a converter for legacy SharePoint Designer (WF3.5) workflows

Some advanced users have authored large and complex workflows that require further support and development. It would be of great help to have a utility to convert such workflows to Nintex Workflow.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Skip to Different Action Set

I have been working with different workflow tools. While one of the best feature which I found in another workflow tool is that, an administrator can re-run the error workflow instance at a particular action set.

For more details consider a workflow as mentioned below:

Start
    then Step 1
    then Step 2
    then step 3 approval process
    Step 5 if approved in step 3
    Step 6 if rejected in step 3.

This is a simple workflow. Now user has run the workflow and the approval task is assigned to a approver. Approver performs the task. Onec the approver performs the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to Copy snippets or Clipboard "copies" from lists/libraries to site workflows

Sometimes you develop a worklfow for an existing list and a lot of logic goes into the actions and functions, etc. but then if you want to create a site workflow to update already existing documents with the same logic you have to rebuild it. Allow for copying of code snippets between different workflows and different type of workflows.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Copy Workflow Constants Across Enviornment

We have around 50 workflow constants defined in a site collection level. However, when we migrate the site collection from dev environment to test environment, the workflow constants are not getting copied to the test environment.This creates an extra task to create the constants again in the test environment.

Is there a way to copy the constants from one environment to another environment?

Please note we are using stsadm backup restore command for migration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Do not show workflow start page

As discussed here https://community.nintex.com/thread/1163?sr=stream&ru=2149
    although it Is already possible to not use a workflow start page the process of selecting custom and leaving the field blank is not very intuitive.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Query List - option to automatically create variables and map all columns to these variables

Have an option to automatically create variables and map all fields to these variables so I can use them in the Workflow without having to create them one-by-one manually.

You can imagine what I have to do when there are 150 columns. I have to create 150 variables in the workflow, select 150 columns/fields, and then map all 150 fields to variables manually !!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change repeating section icons and where the icons are placed

I'd like the ability to change the icons for repeating sections. They don't jive with the aesthetic of custom designed forms. Additionally, I'd like to have the ability to change where the add/remove row icons are placed in a repeating section, or at least the ability to assign these icons a CSS class.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to adjust (reduce) height from the 'top' of the Panel control without moving internal objects/controls

• Example: I have a huge amount of space near the top of and inside my Panel control (because I have moved some controls out of it for example). Now I want to reduce the top space of my Panel, so I reduce the top height of my Panel, unexpectedly all my objects/controls within the Panel move with it, which means the space is not reducing at all.

To work around this I have to move all my internal controls up to the top of the panel, very hard because I can't select multiple controls within a Panel without clicking on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Save Save

When you click Save within an action the workflow does not actually save its changes. This means that people often think they have saved the changes to their workflow and are upset to find that the changes did not save and if they had closed the page it is all lost.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Workflow Constants - Republish when constant is renamed

Hi Nintex,

Recently had an incident where an administrator renamed a workflow constant assuming it would automatically update in the workflows. The result was instead that all the workflows went looking for the constant by the old name and wouldn't work!

Something like the "Republish to all" that UDA's have would be great for workflow constants too.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search for a keyword within a Workflow. Shows which actions they're in.

Allow searching keywords within a Workflow so something can be found easily, whether it be an email address or a text in the email body, etc.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms formulas Consistent

Make Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms formulas Consistent

I came to the conclusion that the function fn-DateDiffMinutes (Nintex Workflow) and DateDiffMinutes (Nintex Forms) produced different results. Nintex Workflow offered a pure result of a positive and negative number, and that Nintex Forms manipulated the result by converting it to an Absolute value.

I would like to make a few suggestions for your consideration going forward.
    1.) Make them consistent in the pure sense where the result is positive or negative. Your documentation on the formula window when using the inline function versus the runtime function provide the exact same formula…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create automatic variables by ContentType

It would be very nice to create variables by a single click. I have lists with 30+ Columns and I need any column as variable. I would be great to generate variables with the type of the existing list columns automatically. Deleting with a single click would be great also.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Working with Workflow Variables

• Ability to delete multiple variables by selection, currently I need to click on each variable, hit delete, hit OK. I have 200 variables.

• Ability to automatically sort alphabetically by variable name. Currently in the Workflow Variables settings screen, they're not sorted.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have My Tasks show up in the Task area on SharePoint 2013 MySite

Right now my Nintex workflow tasks dont show up in MySite Tasks area. Nor in the Workflow settings can you set up the Task list to create items in a SP Tasks App that you have created.

It seems like the same template but it is not.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Emily Billing responded

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue.
    UserVoice is our feedback and ideas site. If you’d like to post your question and the issue you are seeing in Nintex Connect, our community and support site, the Nintex community will be able to look into it.

You can access the community on https://community.nintex.com/welcome

Thanks
    Emily

• Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base