1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Synchronize / Copy Task Description to e-mail notification

The need to separately maintain the Task description and the E-Mail notification Body us bothersome to my. The is worsened by the fact that simple copying (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) between the two does not seem to work for references (item properties, dynamic URLs, ...) which have been inserted into the Task notification.

I would hope for an easy way (UI button would suffice) to manually copy the current Task description into the E-Mail notification Body, maintaining all references which are included in the Task notification.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make task forms configurable by URL pointing to the Nintex Item Form

Scenario: List item Nintex Data Input Form with 5 sections. Corresponding 5 task workflow that fills out the 5 data input sections of the List item Nintex Data Input Form. Currently you can export List item Nintex Data Input Form and then import it into each of the 5 task's forms. This makes the workflow quickly grow to beyond your 500kb workflow limit. Also this make for an incredible amount of maintenance because any single change to the List item Nintex Data Input Form, require a corresponding export and 5 imports to each of the 5 task forms. A better…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Request Data action in UDA

Actually in UDA Designer, the Request data action is not available in the User interaction section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a User contact within Exchange (not a user)

would like to be able to create a User contact which will contain user information for the contact. Mail contacts are mail-enabled directory service objects that contain information about people or organizations that exist outside your Exchange or Exchange Online organization. We would like to be able to use "Exchange contacts" with Nintex products.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reference to current Task List

A way to set a dynamic reference to the currently used task list could be very usefult..Designing a reusable workflow template, I could have each instance with a different task list and if I have to check tasks I'm not able to use a single query list but currently I have to make some switch logics to query the correct list (if I already know which list will be used)

With SharePoint Designer I can set a reference to current task List

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Published Date Stamp on Form and Workflow Designer

While you are building a form are workflow there is not an easy way to see when the last form or workflow was published. In the upper right corncer where you see the workflow name, list name, and version number, please add a date stamp so the end user knows when it was last published.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple Lines of text Workflow Constant Type

How come we've never had a "multiple lines of text" workflow constant type?

Reason i'm asking is because I've used workflow constants in my nintex forms to put in snippets of javascript code (for example hiding the sharepoint ribbon on my SP 2013 forms) and adding it in as a reference in the javascript section on my nintex forms designer and showing some of my process owners how to resuse this.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve XSN Builder

1. Nintex Xsn Builder Nintex Xsn Builder doesn't allow task InfoPath forms to be customized within the realm of what InfoPath is capable of. E.g. Nintex expects the order of the fields in the InfoPath form to match that of the underlying task content type which is completely impractical . It also expects the fields to be within its own cell in a table. On publishing the workflow, the XSN builder overwrites the InfoPath form and enforces these rules thereby deleting the rules built on the fields and changing the order.

This can be updated to ensure that the XsnBuilder creates…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Update an UDA throw error if List Name ist not internal tech. Name

Hallo,
    I maybe it will be great to change the set of internal UDA parameter:listName value allways to internal List Name. Because if you change the Display Name of a List, you cannot update the UDA in the List WF.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Color coding of references

After adding a reference in the designer (in a regular field or within the RTE) you cannot tell where this reference is comming from, you just have the name of the reference.

This is very troublesome if there is an item property call "foo" as well as a variable called "foo" and maybe even a common property "foo".

So far I try to prefix all my variables with "var" so I can tell them apart, but that doesn't feel right.

I would love to be able to tell the different source apart by having the references color coded im some…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add nwcontext data connection to Infopath start forms (2010 and 2013)

Infopath can be used to create workflow start forms, however it does not have the nwcontext xml resource file necessary to use an item's metadata, unlike task forms customised using Infopath.
    Whilst variables such as approver comments are not applicable, it would be very useful to provide the basic fields such as item ID, creator and item url.
    I've been told by Nintex support that this discrepancy is intended functionality and to raise the request on here. Infopath is still a much stronger form designer than Nintex forms, for things such as multiple data connectors or unique values in dropdowns.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. combo focus

Allow non-textboxes like combo boxes and toggle switches to have focus on the iOS form/Nintex App.
    For example if you have a textbox followed by more information/labels/or non-textboxes, then a combo box. Then when a user enters text into the textbox at the top, scrolls down to the combo box and answers it, the form jumps back focus to the original textbox.
    This is very unintuitive for the user, not sure why the focus wouldn't stay on the last input clicked.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ask for saving the workflow when the tab is closed

I often lose all the changes I made when designing a workflow and pressing Ctrl+W unintentionally. Ctrl+W closes the current tab (in IE) and there's no message that is displayed asking us if we are sure to close the current window or tab.
    Adding this kind of message would be really great when closing the tab using Ctrl+W (there's maybe other shortcut that closes the current window or all tabs)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to maintain a developer log/history for a Workflow

Currently there is no way a maintain a developer log/history of a workflow. This new feature would be similar to a flower-box that is used to explain the changes within a program. A possibility is to add
    another option under the Workflow Settings menu option.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need good document for Nintex 2010 to 2013 up gradation

Can you guys please publish good official document for Nintex 2010 to 2013 up gradation and patches up gradation as well if you can that would be great. if you guys can add some action in the admin section so that developer can use can migrate /upgrade

Cheers,
    Kamal Pandey |

Cheers,
    Kamal Pandey |

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. User roles and Sharepoint security groups use on list forms

Enable rules on SP lists which can use Sharepoint security groups/user roles.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. disable email notifications toggle

I have seen a number of occasions where, while testing or even just restoring a backup of a site collection for testing/development, it is very easy for Nintex Workflows to be triggered. This wouldn't be so bad except sometimes these workflows contain email notifications, resulting in end users inadvertently receiving emails that they shouldn't. This can be REALLY bad if lots of users get these inadvertent emails.

It would be great to see some kind of farm level and site level setting to toggle whether emails are actually sent for running workflows on that farm/site.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a reference disc on the corner of each action which is coloured to denote action cost, stack execution order and unique ref for review

1) The overall size of a workflow is important for complex designs or where a server is processing volume. The colour of the disc could be based on the code size of the action and the average CPU/memory cost of that action weighted by e.g. number of branches. This theoretically could also roll up to an overall workflow cost weighting and possibly provide recommendations i.e. split to UDA or secondary workflow etc.

2) Since we know there are two execution stacks it would be useful to see the actual execution order within the design dynamically

3) When asking someone to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Resizable rules pane

Would be great to have the option to resize the width of the Rules pane on the right side of the forms designer interface just like the left pane with all of the controls is. This would allow you to see the full name of each rule which is often truncated. Attached is a screenshot of a rule with a name longer than the width of the Rules pane "ELE Commercial Ext Lighting" so it only shows as "ELE Commercial Ext" in the rules list.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. NWAdmin or Web service for list up all workflows that uses Nintex Forms

We would like to have some function that can list up al workflows that uses Nintex Forms.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base