1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Save

Auto-save while working on a Nintex Workflow would be such a good thing. Not only myself, but other developers I know have backed out of the designer before just by some random key presses and have lost his/her work. Right now the only solution is clicking "save" often, which isn't terrible, but sometimes when you are focused on the work it can easily slip one's mind.

142 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Capture Lazy Approval Token

Being able to capture the Lazy Approval Token would you to add it to reminder emails so that the reminder email could be replied to.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Lisa Tam responded

Reverting the status as Rick’s comment is for O365 version

3. Export list item data to CSV, including Repeating Section data

A Workflow Action to easily select the columns to export to CSV (attach to an email notification for example) including data in Repeating Sections.

Currently I can do this manually, but very cumbersome and time consuming.

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My Workflow Tasks - Filter for specific workflow

When using the My Workflow Tasks webpart, it would be nice to be able to filter for a specific workflow. That way I could create pages where user's could just manage the tasks for a specific workflow, instead of all the workflows on a given site.

Also, if a user is a member of a group that has a task assigned, it would be nice to see those tasks instead of having to show the tasks for all users.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Constants and Variable Lists

I would like to request some additional functionality with Constants and Variables
    1. It would be really great if you would provide the ability to Sort the displayed information. It is very challenging to find a value among hundreds of values when they aren't sortable.
    2. It would be kick-ass if you would display any default values in the list of constants or list of variables, unless it is sensitive, then don’t display that data. I just need to see what I entered really quickly to verify I have entered the correct data.
    3. It would be stupendous if I…

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Escalations

Please consider a modification to your Escalation page and escalation notification.

• Since the Escalation Delegate notification is a rather important feature I find it hard to believe that you put the Escalation information entered on the Escalation tab at the bottom of the notification email. It would be tremendously helpful if the escalation comments section were shifted to the top of the email notification.

• Even better idea, allow the Escalation notification be format-able just like a reminder. Allow the designer/developer to enter custom information so that whoever is receiving the Escalation information is well aware of what is…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Workflow Annotations (Highlight, Notes, Colored Text) for Reference

When designing large workflows many times I need a way to make notes of what I did and why. Sometimes it is so that when I come back I know where to pick up where I left off, or my thoughts on why I did something the way I did, etc.

At the moment I have to put my notes in the labels of the action boxes or put in a "Send Notification" dummy action box to make notes.

It would be great if there were a way to highlight, make notes and colorize text in order to really call…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search/Replace

Many times on a published workflows the users asked to change a lot of common messages, Names of lists, etc. On that cases you have to change it on all actions, emails, reminders, messages,labels, etc. That's when I asked why Nintex cannot have a Search/replace operation on Nintex Designer.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Lisa Tam responded

This is currently on not on our near term roadmap but I have opened for voting and we will continue to monitor interests.

9. Save and Continue option

While it’s on my mind, one for the suggestion basket: Suggest adding an option to the Save dropdown menu that is in the vein of “Save and Continue” which would allow the user to save without having to go through the popup confirmation window and just return the user to the editing stage. Alternatively, it might work to allow one to set the behaviour of the Save button itself to that (presumably on a per-user or per-session basis).

:)Ben

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Alex responded

Thanks for the feedback Ben. I am interested to know what the driver of the request is? Is it simply best practice saving every now and again, or is it due to the browser potentially crashing and losing your work? If it’s the latter, would some form of AutoSave assist?

10. Reorder UDA Parameters

When building and extending UDA's you often add new input/output parameters. Currently, the parameters appear in the order entered, I think. Would be great to have a way to reorder the parameters on the UDA configuration. Having the parameters in a seemingly random order can be confusing and has led to the wrong value be entered into a parameter.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save the Workflow from within a form

When working on a Nintex form within a Nintex Workflow, hitting save on the form should automatically prompt a save on the workflow. Having spent hours working on a form, I saved it (several times) then exited the form, in doing so, Internet Explorer crashed and when I restored the webpage and opened up my workflow, my form was gone.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. O365: Copy a field of type Person or Group with multiple values to a Person or Group variable

In order to copy all the values of a field Person or Group, a loop is required with a sequence of several actions in which a Text type variable is built, which causes time to be consumed in the development of the flow and the use of several additional tasks that could cause the maximum size of the workflow to be reached. It would better if this was done in a single action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide help files in the languages that are supported by Nintex

Provide help files in the languages that are supported by Nintex

To provide a better user experience it would be good to have the help files in the languages that Nintex supports, This includes the internal help files that are installed during the install

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Validation for nr of actions in workflow while saving/publishing

It would be helpful when during saving/publishing a workflow a message will be displayed when workflows includes more than 100 actions. It can be a performance issue when workflows have more than 100 actions.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Workflow variable available in update and copy action

In a designer when we can query master list which stores all list GUIDS and store the GUID collection in variable and use variable in CAML Query List ID= Workflow variable.
    when we use update/Copy action why is that we cannot use variable? It would be helpful to have an option to choose variable in such scenarios

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add comments for workflow variables

It would be nice to have the ability to add comments to workflow variables that show in the workflow variables dialog.
    It could help to get back into a workflow or if someone else created the workflow to better understand what variables are used and whats their intention.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Geolocation Support

SharePoint currently supports Geolocation field which is not supported by Nintex.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/create-a-map-view-for-the-geolocation-field-in-SharePoint

In nintex we have to use a single line of text. With proper geolocation field in SharePoint we can create special Map Views in SharePoint.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Check in/out Workflows while editing

I would like to be able to check in/out workflows while editing.
    I also would like to support major and minor versions. where a save will generate a minor version you can be able to run with the designer role.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Correct the error message

When using the User Profile Query action, it is required to use credentials to connect to the service.
    We have to wait for the workflow to crash to know the right format :domain\username
    We have to use a single backslash, so the error message is false and misleading.

"Erreur lors du requêtage du profil utilisateur. Informations d'identification Windows fournies non valides. Les informations d'identification doivent respecter le format domaine\nom d'utilisateur."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. People Picker people only validates after the item has been submitted

People Picker people only validates after the item has been submitted. In the legacy people picker, the validate is triggered as soon as you have entered in a value.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base