1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

How can we improve Nintex Workflow?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Forms Designer in Workflow Task Form is missing the List Attachments Form Control

While designing a Task Form in Workflow Action, like Assign Flex Task, the Attachments list column Form Control is not available. A user responding to a task request is unable to view any attachments in the list. Although you could check the checkbox of "Include list item attachments" in the Configure Action of Assign Flex Task, having the list Attachments form control right on the workflow task form will be much convenient.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. responsive external form

Due to the Sharepoint is now 2019, they go much more trendy design on layout design. However Nintex only allow to publish a classic form as a external form. It is quite not feasible to maintain a single design not only for the public SharePoint of a Website.

We think the Responsive External Form is a must in the future release.

PS: here is talking about the Nintex Workflow and Form On-Prem.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Convert Word to PDF

In former versions of NINTEX there was an action to convert Word documents til PDF files. This does not exist in NINTEX for Office 365. We have QMS systems in SharePoint being audited by external parties including government authorities. They only accept the PDF format for issued documents in our QMS system.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need to include HTML Content in Word while using Doc Gen. Its not working currently.

Need to include HTML Content in Word while using Doc Gen. Its not working currently.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customize copy item to and from fields

It would be helpful if we could also use variables in the to and from field on the Copy Item workflow action.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Overwriting an existing UDA in designer and Manage User Defined Actions section

Since we can overwrite an existing workflow by importing and then saving over an existing workflow, I propose the same functionality can be applied to designing a UDA.

For UDAs that cannot be promoted to farm level for whatever reason, a UDA would need to be imported into whatever sites are going to be using it. In my situation, we develop a UDA in a site designed for testing, and when our changes are ready to be deployed we'd then have to replicate those changes into the UDAs being deployed in production.

From my understanding, if we were even going…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to connect Flexitasks in a workflow

User should be able to establish a sort of connection between two or more flexitasks (e.g. there are flexi tasks in the workflow). The idea is to make the attachments visible to other user's in the workflow who have been assigned the task. currently if a user uploads some attachments in his task form, other user's who are assigned tasks later in the workflow can't see the attachment uploaded by the user earlier, since attachments are form specific.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Code

Nintex is a great tool for non developer to get idea of what goes into development to help understand the logic and get into development.
    It would be great to see the behind the scenes code for the whole workflow. And you should be able to select languages from drop down.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Workflows and Forms in a tenant

I think we should have an admin view which shows all nintex workflows and forms with site details. It helps with license management.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You know, I think error logic as a whole is backwards. I think actions should only 'break' the workflow when they are instructed to do so.

You know, I think error logic as a whole is backwards. I think actions should only 'break' the workflow when they are instructed to do so.

I am using a Copy Item Action which (for me) does not have error handling and it is doing exactly what I want it to do but halting the workflow on an error which I now have to manage.

Alternatively, a checkbox in the Action that simply ignored errors might suffice.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When date/time variable is written to history log, local/utc flag is not taken into account

let’s have a datetime workflow variable where output of Date calculation action is stored.
    If such a datetime variable is written to the workflow history log, it doesn’t respect what kind of date (local/UTC) it holds.

I have defined my base datetime value as: 20.04.2018 17:25

I have supplied it to Calculate date action as input and configure the action to consider it being LOCAL time (GMT+2 in my case) and add all the zeros.
    I’ve got correct ISO string output => ISOlocal: 2017-04-20T15:25:00Z
    I’ve got correct Date output (source time was in local time zone, so no difference expected)…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add the ability to batch the modification of item permissions

Hiya,

Please could you change the behaviour of how the update item permission works, to modify the permissions in batches.

There are instances where this fails due to the large number of items/users/groups that it's attempting update.

It would be great if this could be done in smaller batches so that it doesn't timeout/fail

ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2GyT4V:ref

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve the RTE

It is difficult to maintain a formulae in the RTE, particularly if it needs to be updated.
    Instead the cursor jumps to the front of the text, or a large portion of the formulae gets deleted when trying to delete a reference.

Ref: ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2G0BNm:ref

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Publish a Nintex Workflow with Powershell

Currently, a workflow can only be deployed (i.e. saved) via the NWAdmin PowerShell (https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Export-and-Deploy-a-Nintex-Workflow-with-PowerShell/ba-p/78577), using the "DeployWorkflow" command.

If you want to publish it then you need to do it manually through the UI.

Allowing to actually publish workflows through the NWAdmin PowerShell would be a great addition.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the Email body textbox larger or re-sizable

The Email body textbox in the workflow designer is way too small when working with html formatted content. Would be nice to see the entire message instead of constantly scrolling up and down, and left and right.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. state machine/action set lane background colors

General idea: Allow for background colors to be applied within state machine branches and action sets.

Problem 1: Working with large state machines that have many branches it can be easy to lose track of which branch you're looking at. Especially when one branch can span your screen width-wise.

Problem 2: Working inside nested action sets can leave you confused as to which action set you're modifying actions in.

Solution: Allow the ability to apply background colors(and patterns such as vertical striped, horizontal striped, diagonal striped, etc.) to action sets and branches of state machines. Other areas may benefit from…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export workflow as JPEG file

Would be good to have JPEG file or other file format options while exporting the workflow.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove form redirect option from workflow start form

On a workflow start form, when a redirect URL is set for the start button, it does not redirect when the button is clicked. This has since been confirmed as expected behaviour as the “Microsoft SharePoint workflow engine” will take control …start the WF and then redirect back to whatever Microsoft designed it to do. The Nintex Form does not have any context after you click the “Start” workflow button as its SharePoint Microsoft taking control from this point.

To avoid confusion, can the option to set a redirect URL be removed from the workflow Start form altogether?

[ ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2G0m7b:ref…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Browser bugs

Browsers still contain bugs in Workflow Designer:
    1) SP2016 - Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit) - Set variable action, equals Value: add a Item Property of type Single line of text and attempt to type after it. This occurs in multiple actions.
    2) SPOnline - Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit) - Set variable action, add item property. Unable to delete item property. Same occurs in the Body of a Send an Email action.
    3) SPOnline - Chrome 74.0.3729.108 (64-bit) - Recurring issue where dropdown selections are blank because the selections are displayed to the left of the viewable dropdown window. This happens in various…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Chrome and Firefox support for Nintex Forms and Workflow 2013

Chrome and Firefox support for Nintex Forms and Workflow 2013

7 votes
    Vote