1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

1. Print to PDF Multiple Forms ( SP Items in a list) at a time

It would help a lot if we could, manually and whenever needed, Print to PDF Multiple Forms ( SP Items in a list) at a time. Could you please add this feature to the existing Print To PDF button in Nintex Forms O365?

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-Refresh Responsive form

Allow the option to autorefresh a responsive form. For example if the form has been opened by two users at the same time, one user updates the item and submits it. The form should auto refresh for the second user who still has the form open:

ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2VghY7:ref

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Equivalent Nintex (workflow and forms) modern webparts for on-prem SharePoint 2019

We are migrating to SharePoint 2019 on-prem and the modern layout seems to be the future.

I've attempted to use the Modern interface on some sites, but there are no Nintex modern webparts available to work with Workflows, workflow tasks, or forms, and no way to 'work around' their absence in an on-prem installation (thought there are reportedly ways around it in SPOnline).

Could Nintex please provide some Modern webparts to enable the same functionality as classic layout, in the Modern interface in on-prem SharePoint.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Forms Designer in Workflow Task Form is missing the List Attachments Form Control

While designing a Task Form in Workflow Action, like Assign Flex Task, the Attachments list column Form Control is not available. A user responding to a task request is unable to view any attachments in the list. Although you could check the checkbox of "Include list item attachments" in the Configure Action of Assign Flex Task, having the list Attachments form control right on the workflow task form will be much convenient.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable third-party actions that print to PDF to recognize page breaks

In various workflows that I've created at my job I rely on a third-party solution to print a form to PDF. As some forms need to use page breaks, they are not recognized when printing to PDF from third-party solutions.

I am creating this suggestion in the hopes that third-party tools will be able to recognize page breaks which currently are only recognized by Nintex' own "Print to PDF" button for list items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Release Notes Notification Newsletters when the product gets updated

I will like to have the possibility to subscribe to a Nintex Newsletter that will automatically notify me when a new product version gets updated along with the new release notes for the new version.

For example, if I am interested in Nintex Workflow/Forms for Office 365 and Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2016 to subscribe to a newsletter that will notify me when the product gets updated, what is the new product version and what are the release notes for the products that I am following.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Suggested Processes > Enable alerts or add to owner/expert/champion dashboard

When a user suggests a process for another team to write, it would be ideal if the suggested Expert/Owner received an email alert so they can review. Alternatively, the suggested process is added to the Owner/Expert dashboards.

IF an expert/owner is not specified when a user suggests a new processes, then a group should be required, so an alert can be sent to the Group Champion for follow up. Alternatively, it is added to the Champions dashboard.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Web Service to end Workflow or extend TerminateWorkflowByNameForListItem

Please provide a Web-Service-Method that a defined Workflow can be ended with a given status.
    Or Change the definition of TerminateWorkflowByNameForListItem and add a new parameter [string workflowStatus]

Currently we use TerminateWorkflowByNameForListItem but Workflowstatus is canceled then. We would have the possibility to assign Completed to the Workflow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Nintex Sign powered by Adobe Sign attach final Audit Report

Would like to have the action 'Nintex Sign powered by Adobe Sign' to also attach the Audi Report along with the signed document.

[ ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2Tfk5q:ref ]

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Query/Parse JSON Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint 2019

In our current (sharepoint 2013) en future (sharepoint 2019) environment we want to use rest services based on json. Currently other services in our environment must translate the API response to sharepoint into XML because in Nintex can only parse the XML body using the Query XML action.

I find this strange because json is very common for rest. I know there is a string manipulation workaround using expressions as

(?<=(EMail\"\:\"))[^"]+

I you have multiple fields than it will become quite messy to work like this. I would like a equivalent for Query XML as "Query JSON"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set Security Permission for Active Directory items

We would like to create Shared Exchange Mailboxes with Nintex Workflows.

Creating a user in Active Directory and provision the account in Exchange ist working. But it is not possible to set the "Send as" Security Permission for the item.

Please provide an action to modify Active Directory Security settings

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Training tags - allow use of existing system tags

Allow existing system tags in Promapp to be used for Training Tags

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to include HTML Content in Word while using Doc Gen. Its not working currently.

Need to include HTML Content in Word while using Doc Gen. Its not working currently.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Work Instructions to open in browser rather than download every time

Instead of downloading work instructions every time you need to refer to them, open them up in a browser tab like SharePoint does. Prevents cluttering your downloads folder! When you access a work instruction, usually you only want to view it, not add it to your computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove "Shared Tasks Forms" feature - it is too buggy to use.

Shared Forms is difficult to use and does not bring any value to the workflow designer, it more error-prone than bringing value.

For example, the warning message "Would you like to like to modify a different instance of the form?" can only be answer with Ok or Cancel, where it should be Yes/No
    Ok modifies a new instance
    Cancel modifies all the forms.
    There's no way to cancel this warning without exiting the designer and losing all the unsaved work.

It also happens a lot that when modify a shared form, the whole task is replaced, not only the form.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Possible Security Vulnabirity using "From" in Send Email Notification Action

Issue: Anyone can send email notification on behalf of any other user, this is not restricted by (if user is the WF owner, or even a site owner or even a user in the list of users and information in a sharepoint site).

Possible Solution: restrict the access of A WF by site users only

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Convert Word to PDF

In former versions of NINTEX there was an action to convert Word documents til PDF files. This does not exist in NINTEX for Office 365. We have QMS systems in SharePoint being audited by external parties including government authorities. They only accept the PDF format for issued documents in our QMS system.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Lazy Approval Token

I encountered a situation with a customer in which the Lazy Approval Token contained an offensive word. I recommend creating the ability to screen the alpha character token for offensive words or create the ability for the token to be a numeric value.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You know, I think error logic as a whole is backwards. I think actions should only 'break' the workflow when they are instructed to do so.

You know, I think error logic as a whole is backwards. I think actions should only 'break' the workflow when they are instructed to do so.

I am using a Copy Item Action which (for me) does not have error handling and it is doing exactly what I want it to do but halting the workflow on an error which I now have to manage.

Alternatively, a checkbox in the Action that simply ignored errors might suffice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories