1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Workflow products, including 2007, 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Workflow team

1. Equivalent Nintex (workflow and forms) modern webparts for on-prem SharePoint 2019

We are migrating to SharePoint 2019 on-prem and the modern layout seems to be the future.

I've attempted to use the Modern interface on some sites, but there are no Nintex modern webparts available to work with Workflows, workflow tasks, or forms, and no way to 'work around' their absence in an on-prem installation (thought there are reportedly ways around it in SPOnline).

Could Nintex please provide some Modern webparts to enable the same functionality as classic layout, in the Modern interface in on-prem SharePoint.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Forms Designer in Workflow Task Form is missing the List Attachments Form Control

While designing a Task Form in Workflow Action, like Assign Flex Task, the Attachments list column Form Control is not available. A user responding to a task request is unable to view any attachments in the list. Although you could check the checkbox of "Include list item attachments" in the Configure Action of Assign Flex Task, having the list Attachments form control right on the workflow task form will be much convenient.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nintex Sign powered by Adobe Sign attach final Audit Report

Would like to have the action 'Nintex Sign powered by Adobe Sign' to also attach the Audi Report along with the signed document.

[ ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2Tfk5q:ref ]

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set Security Permission for Active Directory items

We would like to create Shared Exchange Mailboxes with Nintex Workflows.

Creating a user in Active Directory and provision the account in Exchange ist working. But it is not possible to set the "Send as" Security Permission for the item.

Please provide an action to modify Active Directory Security settings

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to include HTML Content in Word while using Doc Gen. Its not working currently.

Need to include HTML Content in Word while using Doc Gen. Its not working currently.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Possible Security Vulnabirity using "From" in Send Email Notification Action

Issue: Anyone can send email notification on behalf of any other user, this is not restricted by (if user is the WF owner, or even a site owner or even a user in the list of users and information in a sharepoint site).

Possible Solution: restrict the access of A WF by site users only

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Convert Word to PDF

In former versions of NINTEX there was an action to convert Word documents til PDF files. This does not exist in NINTEX for Office 365. We have QMS systems in SharePoint being audited by external parties including government authorities. They only accept the PDF format for issued documents in our QMS system.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suggested Processes > Enable alerts or add to owner/expert/champion dashboard

When a user suggests a process for another team to write, it would be ideal if the suggested Expert/Owner received an email alert so they can review. Alternatively, the suggested process is added to the Owner/Expert dashboards.

IF an expert/owner is not specified when a user suggests a new processes, then a group should be required, so an alert can be sent to the Group Champion for follow up. Alternatively, it is added to the Champions dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lazy Approval Token

I encountered a situation with a customer in which the Lazy Approval Token contained an offensive word. I recommend creating the ability to screen the alpha character token for offensive words or create the ability for the token to be a numeric value.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You know, I think error logic as a whole is backwards. I think actions should only 'break' the workflow when they are instructed to do so.

You know, I think error logic as a whole is backwards. I think actions should only 'break' the workflow when they are instructed to do so.

I am using a Copy Item Action which (for me) does not have error handling and it is doing exactly what I want it to do but halting the workflow on an error which I now have to manage.

Alternatively, a checkbox in the Action that simply ignored errors might suffice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customize copy item to and from fields

It would be helpful if we could also use variables in the to and from field on the Copy Item workflow action.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Overwriting an existing UDA in designer and Manage User Defined Actions section

Since we can overwrite an existing workflow by importing and then saving over an existing workflow, I propose the same functionality can be applied to designing a UDA.

For UDAs that cannot be promoted to farm level for whatever reason, a UDA would need to be imported into whatever sites are going to be using it. In my situation, we develop a UDA in a site designed for testing, and when our changes are ready to be deployed we'd then have to replicate those changes into the UDAs being deployed in production.

From my understanding, if we were even going…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to connect Flexitasks in a workflow

User should be able to establish a sort of connection between two or more flexitasks (e.g. there are flexi tasks in the workflow). The idea is to make the attachments visible to other user's in the workflow who have been assigned the task. currently if a user uploads some attachments in his task form, other user's who are assigned tasks later in the workflow can't see the attachment uploaded by the user earlier, since attachments are form specific.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show Code

Nintex is a great tool for non developer to get idea of what goes into development to help understand the logic and get into development.
    It would be great to see the behind the scenes code for the whole workflow. And you should be able to select languages from drop down.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add the ability to batch the modification of item permissions

Hiya,

Please could you change the behaviour of how the update item permission works, to modify the permissions in batches.

There are instances where this fails due to the large number of items/users/groups that it's attempting update.

It would be great if this could be done in smaller batches so that it doesn't timeout/fail

ref:_00D90q6Cb._5002v2GyT4V:ref

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Workflows and Forms in a tenant

I think we should have an admin view which shows all nintex workflows and forms with site details. It helps with license management.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When date/time variable is written to history log, local/utc flag is not taken into account

let’s have a datetime workflow variable where output of Date calculation action is stored.
    If such a datetime variable is written to the workflow history log, it doesn’t respect what kind of date (local/UTC) it holds.

I have defined my base datetime value as: 20.04.2018 17:25

I have supplied it to Calculate date action as input and configure the action to consider it being LOCAL time (GMT+2 in my case) and add all the zeros.
    I’ve got correct ISO string output => ISOlocal: 2017-04-20T15:25:00Z
    I’ve got correct Date output (source time was in local time zone, so no difference expected)…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Publish a Nintex Workflow with Powershell

Currently, a workflow can only be deployed (i.e. saved) via the NWAdmin PowerShell (https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Export-and-Deploy-a-Nintex-Workflow-with-PowerShell/ba-p/78577), using the "DeployWorkflow" command.

If you want to publish it then you need to do it manually through the UI.

Allowing to actually publish workflows through the NWAdmin PowerShell would be a great addition.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the Email body textbox larger or re-sizable

The Email body textbox in the workflow designer is way too small when working with html formatted content. Would be nice to see the entire message instead of constantly scrolling up and down, and left and right.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

Categories