4 - Nintex Forms for Office 365

Welcome to the feedback forum for Nintex Forms for Office 365

Please use this forum to submit ideas or feedback on the product. Thanks for taking the time to log feedback.

The Nintex Forms for Office 365 team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tab order

It would be good to have the ability to set the tab order of the fields, so you can direct users to complete fields in order, using the TAB or ENTER Keys

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make 'confirmation message' a model dialog or overlay instead of a javascript alert box

The issue is when embedding a newform or editform directly inside MS Teams as a tab, a 'confirmation message' that is configured on a button will not be shown and the form now can not be saved because of this security measure inside Teams. To get around this it would be nice if Nintex Forms would show a modal dialog (or overlay) on the form instead of this intrusive popup box

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to define height for a multi line of text field control

I'd like the ability to define the height of a multi line of text control to be added.

Currently there are scroll bars quite quickly. Couldn't a functionality added similar to changing the width?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for Managed Metadata Synonyms

Managed Metadata was recently added to Nintex Forms, however one of the key features of managed metadata is the use of "Synonyms" or other phrases.

For example, if I have a managed metadata tag of "PRODUCT12345" that has a synonym of "12345"

If I search for "12345", then "PRODUCT12345" would show up as an option. As it is currently implements, you MUST search for "PRODUCT12345" starting with PRO..... to have the correct result show up.

This occurs in both the classic form and the responsive form.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Brent. As we will need to rebuild the Managed Metadata control for Universal Forms for Office 365, I have added this feedback into the backlog.

When we begin development on this feature, I will update this feature with any updates I have.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Emdedding Attachments into forms as images

Any chance you could forward me onto a workflow/coding person that can help with embedding attachments as pictures into the form so that they can be printed to pdf with the attachments embedded.

I have found a couple of posts in the forums that ALMOST meet what I want to do but I am struggling with creating the workflows (if required) and the ability to concatenate a hyperlink using the list id in sharepoint and/or the javascript required.

Thanks in advance.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for Nintex forms web part in a different site collection

Currently it is not possible to have the Nintex Online Forms web part configured in a different site collection to where the form/ list is located. Trying to do this just results in a persistent loading animation gif. To be able to centrally manage all workflows lists and libraries this is important. A ticket raised with support came back with the feedback "We do not support web parts on O365 across site collections. There is a SharePoint Auth limitation for this"

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calculated Field Split String Capability

Would be nice to have a calculated field split string capability.

For example, if using a lookup, or managed metadata value that could be parsed with a delimiter.

For example:

Function would be split(Field Name, Delimiter, Index)

FieldValue = "Value1 | Value2 | Value3"

CalcField1 = split(FieldValue," | ", 0) // would return Value1
    CalcField2 = split(FieldValue," | ", 1) // would return Value2
    CalcField3 = split(FieldValue," | ", 2) // would return Value3

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent Responsive Form from stripping HTML tags in Rich Text control

Please fix the issue with Responsive Form stripping HTML tags such as <br> in Rich Text control.

Currently if you embed a html table with <br> tags in a a Rich Text control, the tag is stripped when previewed however it looked fine in the canvas.

Showing mix messages that Nintex Responsive Form supports proper html during design mode but doesn't work as expected when the form is published.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix items connected to a currency field so it displays correctly and consistently

Items connected to currency and/or calculated fields do not display with currency identifier, decimals and sometimes do not appear at all. This should be standard functionality for a product of this type and cost.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow forms to be open directly in edit mode, skipping the view mode altogether

Give form creators the ability to set a form to open directly in edit mode all the time for users so we can skip opening to view, then opening to edit.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Table in multiline text control

I would like to add a HTML table to the multiline text control

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Missing auto-generated translations

I have a problem with a missing translation within my NINTEX form.
    Although my country-/regional settings as well as my language settings were set to German, I still receive an English error message “There are unresolved entries“ (if an people picker field is not properly filled-out) in my NINTEX form for Office 365.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can use "List LookUp" control in form with external list (SQL), all in sharepoint Online (365)

I have a problem, because this control (List LookUp) not work with external list in sharepoint online. My idea is can use "List LookUp" control in the form with external list (SQL), list in the other site, all in sharepoint Online (365)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add 'Change Content Type' control

There's no way for the user to change a content type while editing in a form in 365.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow reorder of line items in a repeating section

Allow up or down arrows to allow users to reorder the lines in a repeating section.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save as new form / duplicate form with data

In Nintex Mobile we now have the option to save a previously submitted form as a draft and resubmit it as a new item after making some modifications. It would be great to have this functionality in the O365 version as well.

Scenario: I have reports that needs to be filled in every day/week. It would be great if user can go to the last form he submitted. Make some modifications, without having to fill in the entire form again, and save it as a new listitem.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for Business Connectivity Services (BCS) External Data column on Nintex Form

Nintex Forms does not currently support a major type of data field - the Business Connectivity Services (BCS) External Data column. This allows users to lookup data in external databases from the form using the built-in SharePoint BCS interface.

This is a critical component for many business processes that need to tie to customers, products, suppliers, etc that are all maintained in external systems.

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  8 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. zoom

Add a zoom in/out function for the form designer so that you can zoom out on large forms to see more of the layout, and zoom in on specific elements to position them more accurately

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. With Repeating Sections in forms - Allow you to choose to add the new row to the top of the repeating section

I'm using repeating sections to provide a space to take notes at weekly meeting on projects. I want my new, empty row to be created at the top of the space, not at the bottom. This way my newest notes are at the top.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Access to additional lookup fields added to Content Type.

When you setup a list lookup control on the content type you can select additional fields to display. You aren't able to access these fileds with either Forms or Workflow. Being able to get access to these fields would save a lot of trouble trying to getting this information via the workflow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

4 - Nintex Forms for Office 365

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base