How can we improve Nintex Forms for Office 365?

userprofilelookup Runtime Function

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan Stoll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminEuan Gamble (Admin, Nintex) responded  · 

I am pleased to announce the UserProfileLookup runtime function has been added to the Rules Builder and Calculated Value control.

Please be aware that this function requires granting the Nintex app additional permissions to read user profiles. Your tenant administrator will be required to configure the app permissions. See the online help available at https://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/#o365/O365Forms/Admin/UserProfileAdmin.htm?Highlight=user profile

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JodieS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have allowed the form access to user profiles (as per link provided), and have added a calculated field with the following formula:

userProfileLookup(Current User (Email), "Manager")

I cant get it to work - it shows #Value! every time. What am I missing?

• shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this requires access over and above the access given to the 365 workflows (there is a setting in the workflow window), then I haven't given them access. If this needs to be set above the Site/Site Collection level, then I will have to request someone to set that...?

Euan, I was experiencing very much the same result. As stated in my last comment. It's not quite clear how the values/fields in the brackets are to be edited. Trying various combinations give results like Prasanna (i.e. #Value!) or nothing.

• Prasanna Sathyamurthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Euan Gamble- I am still not able to get this to work in our tenant. I see this error message in the calculated value control: "#Value!"
        I would like to know what I am missing.

I'm still not managing to get this work (on a site where the workflow can correctly query the user details).
        The layout shown in the form designer is not very clear as to what is expected:
        userProfileLookup("email","InternalPropertyName")

Should this be used as-is?

Or should this work?
        userProfileLookup("Current User (Email)", "Department")

The help link does not seem to show anything related to this yet.(Maybe ready, but not pubilshed?)

• Armelle Vérité commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it happen really soon or give some time frame when this will happen. I'm really stuck in a project and I have no idea how to display the Phone number and the Email (e-Mail display in NF is not right) . Also I am not authorised to upload JS or grant the app more rights.

I would realy like this sooner than later. It would be great if the People Picker control could harness the lookup behind the Person or Group column in SharePoint Lists - which would give us access to the following useful information from the user profile:
        Work email
        Mobile phone
        Department
        Title
        First name
        Last name
        Work phone
        Office
        Picture (3 different sizes)
        Name (with picture and details)

• AndrewP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Emerson team would be interested to know if there is an ETA on this function.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base