How can we improve Nintex Forms for Office 365?

dynamic redirect URL

I think it would be really helpful to be able to set a dynamic redirect url based on a view or some other property in the form. Basically I would like to be able to set the new redirect URL through JS because I might not always want it to go to the same location. If you could make the redirect URL available to be set using code in the classic forms or add in variables, that would be awesome.

Use Case….
In SharePoint, if a user sorts or filters a list and clicks on a list item. Does something with that item, I want to be able to take the user back to that same view. The view is stored in the URL, so I can use JS to get to the Source of the URL to then fill the Redirect URL with a new value every time the form is opened.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben Stori shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminEuan Gamble (Admin, Nintex) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion Ben. This is in the backlog to be built in our new Responsive Forms designer.

This will be implemented through the new rules engine, allowing you to dynamically change the submit button redirect address based on conditions in your rules.

I will update this feature when we begin development.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joscha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ben: May I ask for your JS as well? I already followed you on twitter, but unfortunately I cannot send you a direct message as you are not following me...

• Kien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another Use case would be requestors versus people fielding the request.

If it's a requestor, I'd want the landing page to be a view of their requests and the statuses of those requests.

If it's a request handler, I'd want the landing page to be a view of the Queue of in progress and submitted reqeusts.

• Ben Stori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I can share it with you..can you give me a follow on twitter or something so we can exchange information? @benstori

• Jamie LaPorte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the response, Ben! - would you be able to share the script you used by chance? It would be helpful as a starting point.

• Ben Stori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jamie - for a client of mine, what I did was wrote some crazy JS to get the source from the url saved it into a hidden field on the form. Then I update the save button to be just a Save/Update Button so the form doesn't close, then made the Cancel button a JS button that did a redirect based on the value in the hidden field, and then I added a 3rd button (close) that did the same thing as the Cancel button.

• Jamie LaPorte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any work arounds for something like this? I have a need where each user has their own filtered view of a list based on a particular region, but they can only re-direct back to one view(url) upon saving where they have to navigate back to the view they we're in each time the edit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base