How can we improve Nintex Forms for Office 365?

Add new Hide Control option (visibility:hidden) to Responsive Forms

Currently when you hide fields, they are not useable by calculated fields, and I believe some rules/validations. I believe this stems from using a display:none tag as opposed to a visibility:hidden CSS tag. Then whatever Nintex is using to process things, can't always find the hidden elements.

It would be good to add in an option to hide controls without impacting the ability to use them again in other calculated fields.

I've used this in classic forms for a while, where I created a custom CSS class .hideFromForm{visibility:hidden;}, but we can no longer do this on the new Responsive forms.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brent Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Euan - most of the time forms variables would address this requirement but they don't when the calculated value is used within a repeating section so also having the ability to hide a calculated value but have it compute will be really useful.

• shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reply to Euan - Yes, I think Form Variables would negate the need to have "show your working" calculations on the form canvas.

reply to Jason Schober - the problem here is that hidden calculated values stop working => so you cannot use the results any where else in the form. I'd be grateful for an example if you can prove this wrong.

• Jason Schober commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I worked around this by putting my calculated values into a panel and adding this hide rule:

Is Display Mode || Is Edit Mode || Is New Mode

Without the ability to hide calculations on the form, Responsive Forms are pretty well useless for us and we will not be looking at them until this can be done.
    We really need something that is a vialble InfoPath replacement. This could have been it.

Yes - I actually thought this was the whole point of being able to have calculations in hidden controls - else, why have 2 switches for Visible and Enable? ...removing the Visible check automatically over-rules the Enable setting....

Feedback and Knowledge Base