How can we improve Nintex Forms for Office 365?

Form Variables

Is it possible to have the "variables" as in Worflow or OnPrem?
The workaround today is to add directly in the form a control that allows this and applicate a css (visibility).

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
francois shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dottie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In most cases I've added controls to the form because of a calculation, or when the user has made a decision in the form, and I don't necessarily need that to translate to the data. I also often use them as a conjunction to a rule . Adding a hidden control works, but there is the issue of if its working while hidden, and it's harder to maintain, especially if the original designer is not the one updating the form . It seems that an updatable variable can be created to save us from the need to put a hidden control on the form, after all if we are using a hidden control as a variable, it is a variable that is taking up real estate on the form.

• shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main advantage to Form Variables, is it removes the need to have superfluous Calculated Value controls on the page where they cause clutter and mess up the layout.
    On Responsive Forms especially (where these could not be hidden behind other controls) this is a problem.And when hidden, the formulas did not continue to work.

• shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we any closer to this? I have a form with hundreds of calculations that need to be on the form (hidden behind panels) in order for on-form totals to work, and output to SharePoint. It takes 70+ seconds to load

Feedback and Knowledge Base