4 - Nintex Forms for Office 365

Welcome to the feedback forum for Nintex Forms for Office 365

Please use this forum to submit ideas or feedback on the product. Thanks for taking the time to log feedback.

The Nintex Forms for Office 365 team

How can we improve Nintex Forms for Office 365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fn-GetQueryString in Nintex Forms

Add the fn-GetQueryString() function to Nintex Forms for O365 so a query string parameter can be used on form load. This would replicate functionality found in Nintex Forms on Prem.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on our new Responsive designer which includes a new rules and logic engine. This includes the ability to get a querystring parameter value from the browser window.

I will update this feature when we release our new Responsive designer.

2. dynamic redirect URL

I think it would be really helpful to be able to set a dynamic redirect url based on a view or some other property in the form. Basically I would like to be able to set the new redirect URL through JS because I might not always want it to go to the same location. If you could make the redirect URL available to be set using code in the classic forms or add in variables, that would be awesome.

Use Case….
    In SharePoint, if a user sorts or filters a list and clicks on a list item. Does something…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Ben. This is in the backlog to be built in our new Responsive Forms designer.

This will be implemented through the new rules engine, allowing you to dynamically change the submit button redirect address based on conditions in your rules.

I will update this feature when we begin development.

3. Add new Hide Control option (visibility:hidden) to Responsive Forms

Currently when you hide fields, they are not useable by calculated fields, and I believe some rules/validations. I believe this stems from using a display:none tag as opposed to a visibility:hidden CSS tag. Then whatever Nintex is using to process things, can't always find the hidden elements.

It would be good to add in an option to hide controls without impacting the ability to use them again in other calculated fields.

I've used this in classic forms for a while, where I created a custom CSS class .hideFromForm{visibility:hidden;}, but we can no longer do this on the new Responsive forms.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently building our new Responsive designer which will incorporate this feedback.

I have just checked the rules engine and a hidden control can still be referenced when hidden and used.

We will update this feature when the new Responsive designer is released.

Cheers,
    Euan

4. Improve form load speed in O365

The form load speed in O365 is not fast enough, I'm not talking about complex forms, just simple form no javascript, no lookup, 10 field.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am pleased to say that our new Responsive deisgner has improved loading times than our previous Responsive designer.

When we ship the new Responsive designer, I will update this ticket.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Add functionality to lookup lists on different sites

The O365 version of the Lookup runtime function does not allow you to lookup lists on different sites. This is very restrictive

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are nearing completion of the List Lookup control for our new Responsive designer. This new control includes a few new features including the ability to query across site collections.

I will update this feature when we release the new Responsive designer.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Support adding attachment control into a repeating section

We have a requirement to be able to add an attachment control into the repeating section.

This allows the user to add an attachment provide other metadata in that row.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan to bring support for the File Upload control to the new Responsive designer in Office365.

We will update this ticket when we release the new Responsive designer.

Cheers,
    Euan

7. Web Request Control

Hi,

I think it would be great to bring these two controls to Forms on O365 as soon as possible.

https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2015/08/07/nintex-forms-enterprise-web-request-control

Thanks.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for everyones enthusiastic feedback regarding data connectivity in Nintex Forms.

This feature is now planned and will update this ticket when we have more to share.

Cheers,
    Euan

8. Conditionally require attachments based on logic

The validation allowed for the attachments control is not sufficient when you need to conditionally require an attachment. Please can you add support to require an attachment based on logic? e.g. a checkbox is ticked, attachments become required.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on our new Responsive designer which has an improved rules engine. This will allow you to conditionally require attachments.

I will update this ticket when we release the new Responsive designer.

Cheers,
    Euan

9. Change the tab title in browser

Can we be given the option to change the title of the page/tab?

If we want to add any form of branding or description of what forms people are on (for instance if they use multiple forms at once) people get confused by seeing lots of tabs saying "Nintex Forms for Office 365".

Thanks

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be addressed in the upcoming Universal Forms for Office 365. The Form Settings area has a Title field where you can name the form, which will be displayed on the browser tab.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Support lists with versioning turned on and where "Append Changes to Existing Text" is set to "Yes."

This is supported with native SharePoint forms, but when adding the field to a Nintex form, the field only shows the latest entry without the date/time/modified by stamp and does not show previous entries. See attached screen shots for more information.

292 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

I can appreciate your frustration with this missing feature. I would like to see it in product as well – and I am championing this feature to get done as soon as possible. However, we need to complete the new Responsive designer for Office365 before we begin the new responsive designer for SharePoint.

When we start building features for the new responsive designer for SharePoint, features would start to become available for Office365 as the new codebase is shared across platforms. So, this is still planned and am still working to get this done.

Cheers,
    Euan

11. List View control

Listview form control similar to Nintex Forms on-prem.

264 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you to everyone that has shared their enthusiasm for this feature.

This feature is in the backlog for our new Responsive designer. I will update this ticket when development begins.

Cheers,
    Euan

12. Multipage form

Ability to break a form into multiple pages

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you to everyone for your continued feedback regarding this feature.

Our new Responsive designer will support multi-page and will be coming in the next few months.

Cheers,
    Euan

13. Tooltip (Displayed as icon)

Add a new type of control that you can insert on a form that results in a question mark button (?) that generates a popup when clicked. This popup would be used for help instructions, examples, and other "tooltip" / "popup" like help functions.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Brent. A tooltip property has been added to Universal Forms for Office 365.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

• Don't see your idea?

4 - Nintex Forms for Office 365

Feedback and Knowledge Base