How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

In O365 Add Workflow Graphical View(View Flow) in RunTime

Please add the workflow graphical view in Office365..this must be useful for the enduser...

561 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Arun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lachlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature for O365 as this really helps with tracking down uncommon errors with workflows - hawkeye isn't always optional depending on client needs and it isn't feasible to log every step in a workflow.

• Sridhar Kandadai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rick - Are there any specific timelines to build this much wanted feature. This is critical for some of the workflows that we are planning to migrate to SP Online

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Debugging is key to every software and development environment, so these type of graphical tools NEED to be present in my toolbox. There must be a reason why this is not present in Online while having it for years present OnPrem. So awaiting your feedback on this one.

• Russ H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with Peter...
    Maybe graphical view is a bit ambitious, but a run log of every action/status must be achievable?
    Also a big fan of Nintex, but your not helping us with the O365 migration, with this critical feature missing.
    With this is so high up the voting, are we going to get news on this soon!!?

• Peter De Meester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "View Workflow History" is a must. End users are keen to this feature. The lack of it is a showstopper for moving to O365. I completely agree with Rhia Wieclawek.
    Hawkeye is not a replacement for this.
    But also for us "developpers" this slows down the normally very quick process of building workflows.
    I don't understand what's taking so long to provide this. Even in MS Flow you can follow the steps!!
    Nintex should focus on this core feature, and not on extra features. I just checked the roadmap, but no traces of it.
    I'm a very big fan of Nintex, but the lack of some great features that exist OnPrem and not Online is sometimes very disruptive!
    Hopeful greets,
    Peter

• AdminJon Hardy (Senior Product Manager - Nintex, Nintex) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Andrea P , please see the earlier note on the platform limitations. We are looking at how we may meet the needs for debugging and workflow status visibility given these platform constraints. This is not to stimulate the uptake of Hawkeye, if you have an enterprise subscription license then you are entitled to Hawkeye anyway.

• Andrea Pasutti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you removed this graphical view just to push people to buy Nintex Hawkeye, then for shame. This is a key function in troubleshooting and part of what makes Nintex such a good sell when showing non-developers how to use their workflows and take ownership of their processes.

• Michael Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the graphical view a lot to see what a workflow is at or to determine the errors. Without this feature.....there is a huge gap in the administration of Nintex Workflows.

• JodieS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Maq, Shaunlub & Russ below, Hawkeye is not under the standard licence and I'd be hard pressed to ask for more money to purchase a product just so I can do something that used to be available at no extra charge in on premise versions. Also adding Log to History at every step makes the workflows take a lot longer to run and makes capturing the workflow (e.g. snipping tool) tedious because of the size of the workflow.
    We need to be able to translate each action back in either a text or graphical format so we don't waste hours of time trying to work out where the workflows are falling over.

• Maq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the graphical view primarily for debugging purposes so I can see where it has stopped. It's a lot easier than putting log to histories after every action to see where it is failing. Also with more complex workflows I have noticed problems with adding in to many actions, which normally would not have happen if it were not for the log to histories actions.

• shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult would it be even to just record the type of action started in the order they run. Currently to find out where a workflow has hit problems, we really need to manually add log actions everywhere.
    Maybe a Yes/No selection on workflow settings for switching on individual action logging.

• Russ H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd disagree with the statements about using Hawkeye to provide this level of logging, Hawkeye is not available under the Standard license.. Any additional progress monitoring / debugging must be provided via the standard platform..

• adriana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, It is very hard to follow a workflow without the graphical view at action level. I had an issue recently with a new workflow and it took me several days to find the action where the error was. What do you mean by larger sections?
    thank you

• Rhia Wieclawek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very recent for me, so I can tell you that a client just told us that if there were no graphical view of the workflow, it was a deal-breaker.

I agree with Paul, what about using Hawkeye automatically? Surely Nintex could have it's own in-app beacons set with every action to then create something that way?

• Paul Hancock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer a higher level graphic, possibly driven out of Hawkeye markers feeding a Visio diagram, with detail list view of each action to highlight success, failure, error message

• JodieS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the visual feedback isn’t a possibility, then as Jarrod pointed out below, it would be useful to know at which action the workflow is stopping.
    As a lot of us name each action specifically to know what it is doing, perhaps using the naming of the actions in the feedback along with a more practical response. Eg error occurred at ‘Email CreatedBy’ - email address is incorrect.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base