How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Add(Caputure) Approver/Rejected Comments in assign a task action

446 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  AdminRick De Marco (Product Manager, Nintex) responded  · 

Hi All,

We’ve just released the ability to capture comments from via LazyApproval, apart from that you can also easily store and retrieve those comments (including ones made via Nintex Forms or directly via the task) into a new task action variable (Task comments).

For those who are specifically interested in capturing from LazyApproval the way you do is by supplying the outcome separated by a comma and then the comments .e.g. ‘Rejected, Need more detail before can approve’.

Check it out and let me know what you think…

Cheers, Rick

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sjoerd V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a workaround you can always get the task info, since you are getting the possibility to capture the task ID with the "assign task" action (not so with the "start a task process")
        Use the query list action with a filter on the id.

• JN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important for approval process. You would think that Nintex would bundle this feature with the Assign a Task & Start a Task Process.

• Dean Virag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't this feature now available in Nintex O365? I just finished a workflow with several "approval" tasks in it. In the Edit Task Form on the workflow I see my approval options and a comments field.. What I do not know how to do is take those comments and include them in actions further down the workflow. For example, use those comments in an email action that takes place in one of the approval paths.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not a thing? The functionality between assign a task and start a task process should be virtually identical.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also add the comments from the lazy approvals (content in the lines after keyword).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We badly need it, we are migrating from 2007 to O365 and this is heavily used. Pl include asap.

• Brent Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ouch, just realized this is not available as I am learning to use Nintex, this is a major major missing functionality, I hope it is prioritized asap.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big loss when compared to the on-prem version. The ability to provide comments in a contextual manner directly into a task for other reviewers or initiators to see is vital for auditing. Please add this functionality back ASAP. If could have put 40 votes, I would have...

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base