How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Add(Caputure) Approver/Rejected Comments in assign a task action

446 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  AdminRick De Marco (Product Manager, Nintex) responded  · 

Hi All,

We’ve just released the ability to capture comments from via LazyApproval, apart from that you can also easily store and retrieve those comments (including ones made via Nintex Forms or directly via the task) into a new task action variable (Task comments).

For those who are specifically interested in capturing from LazyApproval the way you do is by supplying the outcome separated by a comma and then the comments .e.g. ‘Rejected, Need more detail before can approve’.

Check it out and let me know what you think…

Cheers, Rick

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Enrico Knapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, this new functionality helps a lot. Thanks for that. However, right now in the comments generated there is always the name of the assignee the task was originally assigned. As there is no security check about who opens the task, people can forward the task notification email to delegate the issue. If another person now completes the task, the comments still show the name of the initial person as approver. It would be good to reflect the name of the person that finished the task.

• Russ H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need a fix on this to bring us back up to the functionality we had OnPremise.

You've got to wonder whether this is a deliberate ploy to ensure your workflows don't get under the 'free' 5 action limit!!!?

• Karthik Gaddam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you give us an update on this item. This is a basic functionality which would help us in our workflows.

• Amol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can nintex please provide update on this item ? This is the top item on UserVoice. The current workaround is not useful and Nintex should provide the permanent fix to track comments in lazy approval.

• Rebecca Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please get an update on this? Such basic functionality that we have to write our own big workarounds for.

• Shashank Nigade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of business processes depend on the comment capturing (It was easy on premise back then ) and it is really sad that this feature is still not in place for O365.

Using extra logic at each place to capture comment is really not a way forward. Migrating workflows to O365 is making life hard for us.

I think this should have been a priority for Nintex with so many votes. We expect more from Nintex because it is so widely used across organizations :-(

• Jonathan Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Roanna, this also would not accomplish catching any comments that are made through the LazyApproval system, as those are not currently even logged back to the task item within SharePoint.

• Murat Sözen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunateiy no. It does not satisfy.

The reason is, if a workflow needs to log comments, workflow has many duplicate queryTask-getComment-formatComment-logComment actions. These actions has to reoccur multiple times and overload the workflow.Very difficult to maintain.

The real difficulty is, getting comments "unformatted", and then apply a format (if html, it is a burden), and log the comment by appending. And do it multiple times (in different states).

A regular workflow becomes a complex one becausr of the number of "actions" involved. i.e. exceeding 1mb in size etc.

Please note User Defined Actions create similar size and complexity issue.

• Jonathan Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to capture the comments in the returned email to the task item when using LazyApproval to respond to tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Common guys, why is this Major functionality not present, a big Misser in my eyes :-(

this feature is useful in getting the response from the approvers when lazy approval feature is enabled which i think most people find as a easiest way to complete a task.

Can someone please provide the link to this white paper/blog that Jon Hardy mentioned in the response.

This is the top idea... please get this working soon. I've been searching for weeks on trying to find a work around.. and I can't get anything to work. It should be so simple. :(

• Leah Patrice Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am perfectly fine with workarounds when functionality does not exist. However, it would be greatly beneficial if those "workarounds" would be added to the official documentation until they become inherent to a feature.

While one can capture the comments by looking up the Task ID, this becomes useless if a response has been provided via "lazy approval".

If Lazy Approval has been enabled, the designer should DISABLE comments, thus alerting developers IMMEDIATELY to the fact that comments cannot be captured.

I appreciate o365; however, Nintex has become so limited in that environment, it is frustrating.

Improve the documentation to better temper expectations. It sure would have saved me a few hours.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base