How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Add(Caputure) Approver/Rejected Comments in assign a task action

326 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ArunArun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Roanna GunaratnamAdminRoanna Gunaratnam (Product Manager, Nintex) responded  · 

Hi All, if we provided a the task ID as an output to the task actions and you are able the query the task list, would this meet your needs?

In the interim please refer to Jon Hardy’s blog:
    A Blog that shows you how to get comments and the rest of the task list information has been published here: bit.ly/2rxkiGu

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan ButlerJonathan Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Roanna, this also would not accomplish catching any comments that are made through the LazyApproval system, as those are not currently even logged back to the task item within SharePoint.

• Murat SözenMurat Sözen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunateiy no. It does not satisfy.

The reason is, if a workflow needs to log comments, workflow has many duplicate queryTask-getComment-formatComment-logComment actions. These actions has to reoccur multiple times and overload the workflow.Very difficult to maintain.

The real difficulty is, getting comments "unformatted", and then apply a format (if html, it is a burden), and log the comment by appending. And do it multiple times (in different states).

A regular workflow becomes a complex one becausr of the number of "actions" involved. i.e. exceeding 1mb in size etc.

Please note User Defined Actions create similar size and complexity issue.

• Jonathan ButlerJonathan Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to capture the comments in the returned email to the task item when using LazyApproval to respond to tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Common guys, why is this Major functionality not present, a big Misser in my eyes :-(

this feature is useful in getting the response from the approvers when lazy approval feature is enabled which i think most people find as a easiest way to complete a task.

Can someone please provide the link to this white paper/blog that Jon Hardy mentioned in the response.

This is the top idea... please get this working soon. I've been searching for weeks on trying to find a work around.. and I can't get anything to work. It should be so simple. :(

• Leah Patrice NolanLeah Patrice Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am perfectly fine with workarounds when functionality does not exist. However, it would be greatly beneficial if those "workarounds" would be added to the official documentation until they become inherent to a feature.

While one can capture the comments by looking up the Task ID, this becomes useless if a response has been provided via "lazy approval".

If Lazy Approval has been enabled, the designer should DISABLE comments, thus alerting developers IMMEDIATELY to the fact that comments cannot be captured.

I appreciate o365; however, Nintex has become so limited in that environment, it is frustrating.

Improve the documentation to better temper expectations. It sure would have saved me a few hours.

• Sjoerd de ValkSjoerd de Valk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a workaround you can always get the task info, since you are getting the possibility to capture the task ID with the "assign task" action (not so with the "start a task process")
        Use the query list action with a filter on the id.

• JNJN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important for approval process. You would think that Nintex would bundle this feature with the Assign a Task & Start a Task Process.

• Dean ViragDean Virag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't this feature now available in Nintex O365? I just finished a workflow with several "approval" tasks in it. In the Edit Task Form on the workflow I see my approval options and a comments field.. What I do not know how to do is take those comments and include them in actions further down the workflow. For example, use those comments in an email action that takes place in one of the approval paths.

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not a thing? The functionality between assign a task and start a task process should be virtually identical.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base