How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Conditional Start

In Workflow 2010/2013 on premise when setting automatic start for create/modify as well as Yes and No we also have Conditional. We can then use a condition builder to specify eg. column values including what they used to be and what they are now. Can we have this in Workflow O365.
I know that this has already been asked for but it looks like the requirement wasn't clear

303 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Wolfe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good News. ('tis the season)
    I understand the reason for this not working in SPO was due to SharePoint internal settings preventing infinity loops. Hopefully conditional starts with Nintex 365 WF will now let us start workflows on any list item change, no matter if done by another workflow.

• Jens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great. Looking forward to it. Can you be more specific "the next couple of months" can be from 2 to more than 6 months for me. Are we talking january or more closer to summer 2018?

• Michael Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use conditdional start on most of workflows and would be extremely disappointed if this was not made available for Nintex 365.

This should also include when a list item has been updated by workflow, not just a direct user action.

• Nicole Prestby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with previous commenters. Please reopen this request. This is relating to the Conditional Start option - for example, start only when a specific field changes on the list item.

• M Milich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with most below, while I would prefer conditional start with prior value, I can work around that - I do use that at least 50% of the time. However, having conditional start now and then adding prior values later would help greatly

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A: have conditional start without prior value delivered in the coming months and prior values capability later. There is still a workaround that could be used to get the previous value of a field, but at least this way we'd be able to start setting workflows to start based on other conditions.

• Giacomo Gelosi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Dario and Brian, if there is a chance to have conditional start soon and later, if it will become possible, have also capability to check previous values, than it will be great because we could set workflow to start only on particular condition and it's a big enhancement

• Dario Cassinerio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A: have conditional start without prior value delivered in the coming months and prior values capability later.

• Brian Pulliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the answer is no previous value but we get conditional start now versus, no conditional start and we wait for however long until previous value becomes available, I say take conditional start now. I am hoping that just because the 1st iteration is in doesn't mean that when previous value becomes available, that that too will not be addressed.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this feature back it will reduce the need for unnecessary fields to be added to check if something has changed

I guess the difficulty here is avoiding infinitely recursive workflows putting too much load on the workflow engine.
    But the ability to have a workflow start based on a value change (whether changed by manual update or other (completed) workflow) would be invaluable.
    I currently have to run workflows in if condition loops (with wait duration actions in them) checking for changes in column values. Conditional loops have a threshold of 5000 loops - so can't go on for ever.
    I'd much rather a workflow check for changes (however they were made) than my currrent workaround

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In On prem, you can use conditions to start a workflow, which enable the 'Save' and 'Save and Submit' functionality without having to include that in the workflow logic.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base