How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Copy List Item

The ability create copies of current list items (workflow context) should be included.

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been set to planned since summer 2018. Do we have any indication as to when this will be started? This was requested first in 2014.

• Collin Burnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! A toggle that turns off errors...

I have a situation where the action works exactly the way I want it too but because the target and the source are not identical, it throws errors.

...or Error Handling.

This has been planned for over 6 months now. Any indication as to when this will be started and/or implemented?

• Glenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could copying list item attachments to document libraries be included in this action as well? Similar to the on-premise action.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must copy the Nintex form on the item. The FormData in nintex forms are lost on copy item, so if you are copying from one list to another that have the same setup, the Nintex form with repeating sections and non-connected fields should keep their value.

In addition, having the ability to copy list items' data (almost) in entirety, would greatly assist migration between versions of 365 Forms. Currently, this nearly always needs to be an in-place change. Creating the new version and using workflows to migrate the data over to the new form version would be a great tool. We hope to use Universal Forms, when it comes to 365 - we'd really benefit from having a tool to 1) copy test data; 2) migrate over previous data to the new forms list.

When we used InfoPath, copying the form (with attachments) to another form library (with the same form template) was a great way of archiving non-active forms, keeping the current library from getting clogged up with older non-active entries.
    I would love to see this with Nintex 365 in lists.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only for Lists but also a Copy/or Move Library Item, include the following:
    - Versioning Yes/No
    - Attachments
    - Retain Source Yes/No
    - Skip / Overwrite Item in Target
    - Meta Data Include Yes/No
    - Content Type Yes/No

As stated below, copying contents that are not necessarily promoted out into SharePoint - form only values, and non-default attachments which are not saved out into SharePoint - would be great.

If there were a way to copy the whole form.xml part of the item, along with the attachment, that would be great. Create Item will only give us SharePoint promoted columns

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i team i am not able to copy the list times from list A to list B . when the item is created in the list A at the same time workflow should run and the created items have to copy and updated in the list B .
    i am minting the both list have a same data types.

• adriana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create List Items makes you select each column, and when the list has quite a number of columns it takes quite some time.

• orzamaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature : Copy List Item would really help us in a lot of Emerson business processes. We would appreciate if you could develop it and make available for Nintex Office 365 as well, as it was for the on premise.

• Glenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to copy an existing item + attachments would be great.

• Sue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need to create a NEW list item; I need to CLONE an existing item and use it in the same list and then make a few changes on some of the columns so it becomes a new list item. I can do this in Designer but not via Nintex? Really! It appears that many others need to copy list items as the comments go back a couple of years people asking for it. And if some are asking, there are many, many more who need this capability.

Basically, we require to be able to copy List Items, with attachments intact; not with attachments in a separate document library. This would allow us to archive list items after completion. The list items and the attachments are not only viewed as transactional data, but as records, that will later be searched and looked at.
    The ability to archive also helps us maintain the performance of the working list so that it does not come close to SharePoint thresholds.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base