How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

From Field in Send an Email

It would be great to have a From field that supports dynamic references. Most business requirements want emails sent from a specific account, which is not supported in NW in O365!

635 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Blair shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Released  ·  AdminRick De Marco (Product Manager, Nintex) responded  · 

To support this requirement we’ve just release the following features

- Specify a customizable sender display name for both email and task actions, we understand one of the main requests was to be able to supply a custom from email address however due to many of the limitations in the cloud we are currently unable to deliver this request and so hopefully being able to add a From display name will get you one step closer..

- Add a customizable Reply To email address for the email action so you can control the email address when people hit reply.

Hope you enjoy these features and be great to hear any feedback once you try them out.

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin Werner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not what we need. Need to be able to change the "From:" email address. MS Flow can do it! Why can't Nintex?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be especially helpful when we have email notifications going to our IT Help Desk. The email triggers a ticket to be created and we want all communication regarding that ticket to go to the requester NOT no-reply@sharepointonline.com.

• Henning Eiben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about being able to configure at least the "Display Name" of the sender, even though the actual unterlying address might not be changed.

• shaunlub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have emails coming from external accounts labeled as EXTERNAL - to prevent phishing attacks. The current generic SharePoint email address used for sending emails also gets this treatment - so that some are wary of opening and working on tasks or forms linked from such emails.
    I would hope having a FROM address set to the workflow initiator or an item modified by person's address would avoid this, and be a lot more useful than a generic Whozat@sharepoint

• Ben Stori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@John Larson....No the from filed in Office 365 is always a generic email address. Hopefully when this gets fixed they will update the task action as well to set a from in there.

• John Larson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this issue go away if the user initiating the action has an Exchange Online mailbox?

• Sridhar Kandadai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have any update on when this feature will be included. We are starting with migration to Office 365 from Q3 and we would like to plan for this feature

• Paul Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are starting to use workflows to email external customers. They won't know the emails are from us if they don't come from our email address

• Michael Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of my current On Prem Workflows, which I am migrating to Online, have a pre-determeine FROM. I believe this is an essential field as it make the workflows more personal if they can be sent FROM a person rather than a process.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I also ask for this to be updated in O365 please? It is critical to the use of a workflow for access requests and is preventing our migration.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base