How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Workflow Errors

There needs to be some notifcation to the designer or somoene if the workflow errors. When you have multiple workflows across multiple sites a notifcation is helpful in managing your workflows and any issues. This was available in on-prem why has it gone away?

540 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    melisa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  Jon Hardy responded  · 

Palesa, one of our Technical Evangelists posted this comment. I thought this was so valuable that I have repeated it here so it stays in view. A great workaround while we work on a solution with Microsoft.
    Palesa says:
    “Hey guys here’s a little trick which will hopefully help some of you community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-6580”

I have watched the Youtube video, may even be a convert to rapp after this. Check it out, it will save you time.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rhia Wieclawek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are we doing on this one? There are workarounds, sure, but we would like to see this built in. That's a lot of votes, whoa!

• Radityo Ardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jon Hardy, I think you get more votes than you expected. We need it too.
        Appreciate if you can make a "separate workflow" section so that we can do anything like send email, update status of current item, etc. We need more flexibility if this feature is there.

• Raq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello can we please get a notification when a workflow has an error?

• Animesh Kar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature and should be there in o365 version. Due to this issue Nintex Workflow for o365 might not be considered for Business Critical workflows on o365 platform at an enterprise level.

• Phil Duffy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, especially as the workflow health option page that seems to help with this often provides wrong information so just provides more confusion

• Adam Pucek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this back. By not having it, it makes this not enterprise ready. Having to manually check the workflow health (which you need to be an owner of the site to do) is just crazy.

• melisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be some notifcation to the designer or somoene if the workflow errors. When you have multiple workflows across multiple sites a notifcation is helpful in managing your workflows and any issues. This was available in on-prem why has it gone away?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a similar error when the send email activity causes the whole workflow to finish.
        Not having the possibility to try/catch such errors is a big problem.
        //Oliver Lopez

• Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're migrating to SharePoint Online from SharePoint 2010 and I have been extremely disappointed with the things that are missing and how much more difficult it is to build a workflow. We have so many users starting workflows, we really need an error notification to go to someone so we can fix issues.

• melisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a better way to be notified of workflow errors and view history and errors in order to research and diagnose issues.

• Clint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a workflow that sends emails to multiple users. I found out the hard way that if a users account is removed, any time a workflow action attempts to send an email to this user account the entire workflow instance will be terminated. This is challenging considering the large number of deployed workflows that send emails.

Is it possible to include in future releases the ability to handle this type of exception so that the workflow can continue with sending the email to the other recipients and move on to later actions in the workflow instead of terminating with an error?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base