How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

Move list item into recycle bin when delete

Good to have the possibility to choose (by parameter for example) whether list item should be permanently deleted or moved to recycle bin.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jan Homuta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminJon Hardy (Senior Product Manager - Nintex, Nintex) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@the immediately previous comment (anonymous). A designer can create a connection (unless your administrator has disabled this option) by creating the connection from within the action in the designer. Note this connection will be a personal connection i.e. can only be used by the creator and will have tenant wide scope (i.e. can be used anywhere that the designer has SPO provileges to do so). Please refer to the help file for types of connections.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, the recommended solution of using the ‘Office 365 Delete Items' action to delete items to have them sent to the recycle bin requires setting up a “Connection” after the latest update instead of being able to provide credentials in the workflow.

While I understand the security concerns around this change, setting up a connection to perform this action requires Tenant Admin access thus making it impossible for an end user to configure.

Even to include a new action of move items to recycle bin would provide the needed action for end users.

• Abhijith R Shastry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least by now, Nintex should have provided ability to delete permanently. Since this is very much possible through Client-Object Model, it should be made available through workflows too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base