3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Welcome to the feedback forum for Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Please use this forum to submit ideas or feedback on the product.

The Nintex Workflow for Office 365 team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create team on Microsoft Teams action

Create team on Microsoft Teams action is demanded by Teams users for managing teams.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. workflow export doesnt work

I have a workflow in a large collection - it doesn't allow itself to be exported for reuse.

Tried a number of times, in different collections. The button doesn't do anything, no process starts

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reporting

When I bought Nintex Workflow for Office 365 6 months ago I was told that workflow reporting tools were planned for release by the end of 2015. This would be extremely helpful to see into the black box of a running workflow when it is having issues or just to see reports on how long it takes on average for a workflow to complete or where it gets hung up the longest.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Rich Text in Document Generation

The Document Generation action allows data from the workflow to be dropped into office documents. It does not however allow rich text to be injected into documents.

For example, a rich text field in SharePoint will come into Nintex Workflow as HTML, which will then obviously just appear in a Word document as raw HTML, not interpreted as bold, italic, etc.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Secure Password variable including Workflow Constants

When designing a workflow for O365 a lot of Nintex Store actions like 'Create Site' require an account and password explicitly. As I am -designing- the workflow I do not want to know the actual Workflow Account password executing these actions, that's for the admins to know. The only way to enter these passwords is by using plain text either directly or by means of a Text variable. So I would propose a new 'Secure String' or 'Password' variable so at least I can call someone to type in the password without me knowing it. Of course it would be…

339 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  28 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manage your Workflows tasks from a mobile device using the Nintex Mobile App.

I recently try the Nintex Mobile App with our O365 SharePoint site. It's working well and i was surprised by the design on different devices and OS.
    It could be nice to improve this app with the ability to manage his tasks from his mobile and not just be able to fill a new form.

180 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update document and convert document controls for Office 365 version

These functions are available in 2013 version but not in O365 yet. Will they be available for Office 365 in the near future?

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jon Hardy responded

This capability has been released as the Document Generation actions. Document generation automates document generation from one or more templates with conditional inclusion. See Document generation help for more information.

8. User Profile interaction

It would be great to have an action that interacts and pulls information from the user profile service. For example if you are using a hybrid situation you could pull the users manager, birthday, department or all types of data to utilise in the workflow.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Alex responded

Query User Profile was released in the February release and is ready to start using, Read more on community.nintex.com

9. Add Lazy Approval

Implement the Nintex Lazy Approval capability within Nintex Workflow for Office 365

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happy to say that LazyApproval for Office 365 is now released.

10. Current item URL doesn't contain a valid URL to the item

I believe this to be a bug. If you
    1. create a simple workflow that sends an email to yourself on list item creation
    2. in the email, insert a link using the reference: Workflow Context->Current item URL
    3. publish workflow and add item to list.
    4. Click on link in sent email. It will attempt to download a file with a name like 22_.000

So for example, my rendered list item link was https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/teams/MySite/Lists/MyList/22_.000

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but this seems like a bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Alex responded

MS have updated this behaviour in the platform so it should work as expected now.

11. Permissions to Nintex Apps (Forms and/or Workflows)

Currently anyone with full control to a list or library can access the Nintex forms and workflows. We want our business users to have full access to lists and libraries, but do not want them modifying workflows as they are business critical. Governance around Full Control site owners is difficult to implement in our organization (10,000+ employees), we need only the development team to have access to Nintex in O365. In SharePoint 2013 on-premises, I would go to Site Settings -> Nintex -> Allowed Workflow Designers -> Remove permissions except for the development team. We need this same access control…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Today we released the new Nintex Admin and Governance features in Office 365.

With this release Nintex admins can now restrict users who can publish workflow (they can still save) plus the ability to create a tenant wide connections.

12. Store task ID for Start a task process action

The "Start a task process" action does not allow the ability to store the task ID in a variable. It would be very handy to allow this, and in the event that multiple tasks are created for the process, store them in a collection.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Edit Action Description within Action configuration

When adding an action it would be excellent to be able to also edit the Title/Description. Often you can add a number of similar actions like Set Field etc so I find I often need to view the configuration then leave to edit action description.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Person variable to not be an initiation variable

When creating a Person or Group variable, the creation of the var forces it to be on the initiation form. For workflows that only operate as Manual Start, I have to instruct users to ignore the prompt for the person value, and also add a description in the initiation options that says "Please Ignore, do not provide a value". This is confusing to users, is there a way we can remove the force display on the initiation screen?

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Dynamics CRM 2016 Integration

We recently upgrade to Nintex Workflow Enterprise but were disappointed to find the CRM Actions are not yet compatible with MS Dynamics CRM 2016. We wanted to use this as part of a SharePoint Nintex Form and Workflow but are told this action is not available for CRM 2016. This needs to be release as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow images in Document Generation

The Document Generation actions should allow images to be dynamically added to the document.

On Premise has that so by right Document Generation for O365 should already have it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow disable of action

I have actions in o365 that I would like to disable, but not delete. In on-prem, one could disable an action for debugging purposes. In o365, the only option is to delete it. If I have several nested actions, it becomes cumbersome to have to recreate the action. As of now, I have to go back and forth between exporting and importing versions. Not cool!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Query XML Performance is very Poor

The Performance of the Query XML Action is very slow. It takes about 30 - 60 seconds to complete the action when processing XML stored in Workflow Variables. With multiple query XML actions in a loop it can take close to an hour to complete some workflow.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The performance of a number of actions has been improved, including Query XML. Should be much quicker now.

19. document generation insert picture in word from current item attachment

for example you make an inspection report and want to insert the attached photo in the word template

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now support insertion of images however if you want to get attachments you will need to get them via the lists.asxm web service to get the url of the image, once you have the url you can assign to a variable and use in the action config.

20. document generation output for send email with attachment

the generated document must have a item id output or any reference for use in send email with attachment

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The document generation action now supports outputting the document as a list attachment, you can then use the include list item attachment feature in send notification to automatically include the documents as attachments.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base