3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Welcome to the feedback forum for Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Please use this forum to submit ideas or feedback on the product.

The Nintex Workflow for Office 365 team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. workflow export doesnt work

I have a workflow in a large collection - it doesn't allow itself to be exported for reuse.

Tried a number of times, in different collections. The button doesn't do anything, no process starts

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reporting

When I bought Nintex Workflow for Office 365 6 months ago I was told that workflow reporting tools were planned for release by the end of 2015. This would be extremely helpful to see into the black box of a running workflow when it is having issues or just to see reports on how long it takes on average for a workflow to complete or where it gets hung up the longest.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Lazy Approval

Implement the Nintex Lazy Approval capability within Nintex Workflow for Office 365

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jon Hardy responded

Happy to say that LazyApproval for Office 365 is now released.

4. Current item URL doesn't contain a valid URL to the item

I believe this to be a bug. If you
    1. create a simple workflow that sends an email to yourself on list item creation
    2. in the email, insert a link using the reference: Workflow Context->Current item URL
    3. publish workflow and add item to list.
    4. Click on link in sent email. It will attempt to download a file with a name like 22_.000

So for example, my rendered list item link was https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/teams/MySite/Lists/MyList/22_.000

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but this seems like a bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permissions to Nintex Apps (Forms and/or Workflows)

Currently anyone with full control to a list or library can access the Nintex forms and workflows. We want our business users to have full access to lists and libraries, but do not want them modifying workflows as they are business critical. Governance around Full Control site owners is difficult to implement in our organization (10,000+ employees), we need only the development team to have access to Nintex in O365. In SharePoint 2013 on-premises, I would go to Site Settings -> Nintex -> Allowed Workflow Designers -> Remove permissions except for the development team. We need this same access control…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Today we released the new Nintex Admin and Governance features in Office 365.

With this release Nintex admins can now restrict users who can publish workflow (they can still save) plus the ability to create a tenant wide connections.

6. Store task ID for Start a task process action

The "Start a task process" action does not allow the ability to store the task ID in a variable. It would be very handy to allow this, and in the event that multiple tasks are created for the process, store them in a collection.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Edit Action Description within Action configuration

When adding an action it would be excellent to be able to also edit the Title/Description. Often you can add a number of similar actions like Set Field etc so I find I often need to view the configuration then leave to edit action description.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Person variable to not be an initiation variable

When creating a Person or Group variable, the creation of the var forces it to be on the initiation form. For workflows that only operate as Manual Start, I have to instruct users to ignore the prompt for the person value, and also add a description in the initiation options that says "Please Ignore, do not provide a value". This is confusing to users, is there a way we can remove the force display on the initiation screen?

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MS Dynamics CRM 2016 Integration

We recently upgrade to Nintex Workflow Enterprise but were disappointed to find the CRM Actions are not yet compatible with MS Dynamics CRM 2016. We wanted to use this as part of a SharePoint Nintex Form and Workflow but are told this action is not available for CRM 2016. This needs to be release as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow images in Document Generation

The Document Generation actions should allow images to be dynamically added to the document.

On Premise has that so by right Document Generation for O365 should already have it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Store / Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow disable of action

I have actions in o365 that I would like to disable, but not delete. In on-prem, one could disable an action for debugging purposes. In o365, the only option is to delete it. If I have several nested actions, it becomes cumbersome to have to recreate the action. As of now, I have to go back and forth between exporting and importing versions. Not cool!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Query XML Performance is very Poor

The Performance of the Query XML Action is very slow. It takes about 30 - 60 seconds to complete the action when processing XML stored in Workflow Variables. With multiple query XML actions in a loop it can take close to an hour to complete some workflow.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The performance of a number of actions has been improved, including Query XML. Should be much quicker now.

13. document generation insert picture in word from current item attachment

for example you make an inspection report and want to insert the attached photo in the word template

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now support insertion of images however if you want to get attachments you will need to get them via the lists.asxm web service to get the url of the image, once you have the url you can assign to a variable and use in the action config.

14. document generation output for send email with attachment

the generated document must have a item id output or any reference for use in send email with attachment

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The document generation action now supports outputting the document as a list attachment, you can then use the include list item attachment feature in send notification to automatically include the documents as attachments.

15. multiple workflow variables in one set variable action

Why can't we set multiple variables in one set variable action item like in the list item update.

example: I want to generate document with the data in the current list item. For that purpose i have to create a workflow variables for each column in the list. so I have to create n number of workflow variables for n columns list. Also i have to create n set variable action in the workflow.

Also Can you please consider current list item values as well along with the workflow variable values in the document generation. Which is the ideal scenario…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Prasanth, You may of seen this already however the set workflow variable action now supports multiple variables in the one action, you can add up to 20 variables in a single action.

As for you requirement regarding document generation – the upgraded action which is due in a couple of months will support Item and Workflow properties meaning you don’t need to create variables for all your tags, they will all just appear in the tagger making it much easier..

16. Reimport workflow with the same name and allow overwriting (e.g. move between dev/test/prod)

If you build workflows in one tenancy, then publish to a different one, you cannot overwrite an already existing workflow. This means the import can only work the first time. If you import a new .nwp (with changes you made in a development tenancy, for example) you cannot import this to production as it does not allow publishing - it gives the error that a workflow with that name already exists, and does not support overwriting like NW 2013 on prem. Renders import/export quite useless if you need to properly test and move workflows around tenancies. Only way to do…

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am very pleased to say that we have just released this capability. It does come with a warning however, it is now possible to overwrite a production workflow with the wrong design on import. Unless you have exported the design (before saving or publishing the incorrectly imported workflow) your production workflow will be irrecoverably lost. We have included warnings, a tick box and help link to inform users of this possibility as well as a blog post on an approach to use to recover the workflow (or prior stored versions if they have been saved). Blog post “Best practices for workflow version control” in our community site – http://bit.ly/2noCDkl.

17. Edit Task URL property

A very common request from customer is the possibility to link an assigned task directly to the edit form, currently the URL property refers to the DispForm of the item, could it be useful to have also a property that link the default Edit form.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our last release we introduced a new setting for both Assign a Task and Start a Task Process called ‘Open task form in the selected mode’ allowing you to define how the task form will open, either Edit (default) or View Mode. One thing to note is that this behaviour only works from the link it the notification email and not when you open the task directly from the list.

18. Implement SharePoint 2016 Redesigned Toolbox

The new version of Nintex for SharePoint 2016 looks really nice, can we please get that design skin applied to the Office 365 Version!!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updated icons in the toolbox and designer ribbons have been updated with the same style as NW2016

19. Assign a task action: add task ID property

I would like to be able to link users directly to the edit form for the assigned task in approval workflows, but there is no way to reference the ID to create the URL for the hyperlink.

Use case: I don't want to have to train users to click the "edit" button to get the approve/reject buttons to show up. I would like to link them directly to the edit form, this would be an easy way to do it.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our last release we introduced a new setting for both Assign a Task and Start a Task Process called ‘Open task form in the selected mode’ allowing you to define how the task form will open, either Edit (default) or View Mode. One thing to note is that this behavior only works from the link it the notification email and not when you open the task directly from the list.

20. elimination of the simple "To Do" task is a show stopper for your product

During a recent conversion to O365 we lost the simple "To Do" task type from all of our workflows. Now everything is being forced to be some sort of approval task and the assigned team members are getting confused. The entire flow process breaks down as everyone thinks they are only being asked to approve work that they are actually expect to perform.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Feedback and Knowledge Base