3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Welcome to the feedback forum for Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Please use this forum to submit ideas or feedback on the product.

The Nintex Workflow for Office 365 team

How can we improve Nintex Workflow for Office 365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nintex Governance: Connection Manager & Workflow publishers

Best practice around Connection manager would be: Create tenant level connections with appropriate set of users who will design workflows. To ensure local site admins don't create unnecessary connections we need a central setting to disable site level shared connections and personal connections.

Workflow publishers: We need to add/remove each user to the list of allowed workflow publishers. There is no way to use AD groups. It'll be great if Nintex can enable AD groups in workflow publisher settings.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Direct / more "intuitive" way to configure typical reminder settings for tasks

I repeatedly see the requirement that a Task is assigned to a user and there should be an E-Mail reminder to the assignee every x days - starting y days after the Task has been assigned.

Today (please correct me if I overlook something obvious here…) the in my eyes rather bothersome way of configuring this would be
    - create a separate Workflow variable V
    - Use a separate "Calculate Date" Action to add y days to today's date and store this value in V
    - in the Configuration Settings for the Task Action, use V as the "Due Date" …

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User interface appears in several languages

While most options appear in English language, occasionally some stuff are displayed in Spanish. WTF? Please unify the localization, instead of mixing it up, because later on is hard to use the search box (should I search in English or in Spanish?)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Personal connections in Connection Manager

From the governance perspective, personal connections should be disabled by default. Currently it must be manually disabled on each site/sub-site.

Recommended path:
    1. Personal connections must be disabled by default
    2. Need basis site owners may decide to enable it
    3. This would encourage the use of *shared connections*

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy Workflow

If I save a workflow under a different name - to create a copy - the original workflow seems to disappear. It would be better if the original workflow remained with the old name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Approval scenario

I have a parallel approval scenario whereby I have a number of assignees. If one of the assignees rejects the task the approval process should direct stop and the outcome should be rejected, if all assignees approve the approval process becomes approved.

PS: In the on-premise version of Nintex this can be done with a flexi task.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Approve/Reject" in Common Reference

It would be better if Nintex for Office 365 will also have the "Common Reference" feature like the "Approve" and "Reject" link for fast and easy approval. It's also work on both PC and Mobile version.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add description box for actions

Add a description box in workflow actions, so we can describe in detail, what the action does and why. This will help when transitioning workflows from development to support teams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rules

Needs a better rule engine. the rules used in cloud are much easy to use and add. need all of the functionality and usability of cloud in 365

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Workflow Constants (Note: not for credentials - see Connection manager in the Nintex community)

Create a centralized location where values can be assigned to constants for use across the tenancy or Site Collection by all workflows. Allows the use of consistent values for parameters. The values can be centrally managed so that all parties use consistent values that can be easily updated and immediately applied to wherever they are used. An example could be a discount rate used for financial calculations or a department cost center code.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. notes for variables

Ability to add notes to a variable describing it's overall purpose (not just for within an action)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Workflow Errors

There needs to be some notifcation to the designer or somoene if the workflow errors. When you have multiple workflows across multiple sites a notifcation is helpful in managing your workflows and any issues. This was available in on-prem why has it gone away?

617 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve started investigation of this feature, if anyone has any feedback on how workflow failure notifications should work then please reach out to me directly as I’d love to chat about it..

13. los flujos no se ejecutan cuando creo o modifico un elemento por flujo de trabajo

los flujos no se ejecutan cuando creo o modifico un elemento por flujo de trabajo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. see calculated formula

When I look at a configured activity, I should be able to see the value/formula that I calculated. When the author leaves the place they built workflows, the new people do not know how he built these values unless he had documentation. I need to troubleshoot why it fails at certain points but I am unable to without knowing how that variable is being calculated to begin with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Keep track of multiple attachment components from Item to tasks on NF365

When we are on a task, the only way we have to display the master item attachment is JS is using JS.
    If your master item has several attachments component and your tasks forms also has several of them, you have no way to relink the task attachment to the master items attachment (using API calls, we can recopy the task item to master item but they will always be recopied to the default attachment component)...

To solve that, at the moment we fully recreate the NFFormData XML! Is that a viable solutiony??

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to stop inheriting elevated privileges for action sets embedded in an action set that has elevated privileges

Currently, all actions within an elevated action set are forced to be executed with the elevated privileges, hence causing the field Modified By to be Sharepoint App which is not desirable.
    Either allow embedded action sets to be executed as the current user or allow the modification of ModifiedBy and CreatedBy fields in the list item

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show or Hide Allowed Actions

In the current On-Prem I can Show/Hide actions for the users using a AD Group. This way we are able to control what the developer sees. Based on our maturity we show/hide actions. Such a feature is not available in O365 and this is very crucial for us to implement the governance in O365.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Advanced lookup: already configured lookup configuration is not appear to review.

Advanced lookup: already configured lookup configuration is not appear to review.

for example: in attachment we are showing advanced lookup configuration how we want to see for already configured lookup.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exception Handling when Task Outcome Content Types are deleted

When creating custom Task Outcomes in a Task Action, a new Content type is automatically being created at Site Level and added in the Workflow Task list.

We had a heavy workflow with different Tasks and used this "custom Outcomes" until we realized it would be more efficient with custom Content types for our outcomes.

We refactored the workflow, forgetting a couple of Task Actions, and deleted automatically generated Content Types that were still in use.

The designer won't open the workflow anymore. The Null Pointer Exception is not caught.

Hours of work were lost as we couldn't save the…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Parse JSON

The ability to easily parse JSON in a Nintex O365 workflow. Inclusing the ability to store arrays in collection variables.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

3 - Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Feedback and Knowledge Base